Maryland

Wedding Venues for $20,000 budget and 200 guests, HELP!

Hi,

Our wedding budget is $20,000. We would like to have 200 guests. Prospective wedding date Sunday, October 20, 2013. Willing to do semi-destination in Maryland or Virginia, if it will be cheaper.

LoveKiss posted some great questions. I was hoping if I answered them I could get some recommendations. 

Do you prefer an inclusive venue, or would you rather source everything yourself?

- I am not sure what typically is cheaper. I do have some caterer friends so maybe source everything myself would be the better option

What is your budget for the venue? Food and drinks? Linens and china?

- I would like to spend $6,000 on the food and beverages. We are not serving alcohol. Then $5,000 on the venue, linens and china.

What kind of wedding do you want to have? e.g. cool & contemporary, whimsical, rustic, forrmal/semi-formal/casual, beach/waterfront, classic hotel ballroom, etc.
- cool & contemporary 

Are you okay with something sem-destination-90 minutes or more from the area where most of your guests are?

- We don't mind semi-destination especially if it is going to save us money I.e. Fredrick. Most of our guests reside in the Metropolitan area.

Do you want someplace that offers a weekend's worth of activities?

- No

Do you prefer city, suburbs, or country?

- Suburbs but we are flexible 

I would appreciate any advice, especially caterers ($6,000 budget), photographers ($1,600 budget) and videographers ($2,000 budget).

Thank you! 

Re: Wedding Venues for $20,000 budget and 200 guests, HELP!

• Catering, go check out Kevin from KS catering, to feed 200 people I think honestly he may be the only one without going for BBQ style food and still under budget. Photography... Jason Knauer had a mini package for 5 hours that was in the low 1000s, arpasi photography runs about 300 per hour and she excellent, there's good reviews from Brodie ledford, mark anthony, gosh a couple others I can't remember. Just above your budget there is Be photography who photographed a friends wedding, and trang dam was in my top three when I was selecting my photographer her work is excellent and has good packages.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thank you!<div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_wedding-venues-for-20000-budget-and-200-guests-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:627Discussion:cf5a5c30-c145-4177-a61f-6eadac14e240Post:019e722d-dd6c-4102-ac3a-2ca9cf21f468">Re: Wedding Venues for $20,000 budget and 200 guests, HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Catering, go check out Kevin from KS catering, to feed 200 people I think honestly he may be the only one without going for BBQ style food and still under budget. Photography... Jason Knauer had a mini package for 5 hours that was in the low 1000s, arpasi photography runs about 300 per hour and she excellent, there's good reviews from Brodie ledford, mark anthony, gosh a couple others I can't remember. Just above your budget there is Be photography who photographed a friends wedding, and trang dam was in my top three when I was selecting my photographer her work is excellent and has good packages.
    Posted by ashlidie[/QUOTE]

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards