Maryland
Options

Beware of TLC Bridals in Frederick, MD

I was in Frederick on Friday afternoon (around 2pm) and thought I'd stop in to see what hair accessories they had, I walked in, and there was a lady standing at the door, I explained that I was interested in looking at accessories - she quickly responded with "well we're very busy - we have people waiting in line for a fitting room" - I explained that I was only interested in viewing accessories, and that I would not require a fitting room - she asked what type of accessories I was interested in, and I told her I would like to look at their hair accessories, I also added that I wouldnt even require assistance and that I just wanted to browse the accessories they had on display.  She just stared at me - meanwhile - the entire time she's been talking to me about how busy they are, I have yet to see a single other person.  I pointed to the display case behind her and said "I'd really just like to look at the accessories in the case" she said "we're extremely busy" so I said "thats fine I'll just leave" and she said nothing and proceeded to shut the door behind me.  I have never been treated so rudely, even my mother who was with me was appalled at her behavior.  I will never go back to TLC, the only thing they had, that none of the other bridal salons I visited had, was their unwelcoming attitude.
-Linds
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Beware of TLC Bridals in Frederick, MD

• Options
    edited December 2011

Awww I love the ladies at TLC.. I never had a problem.. I wonder who it was.. Terry is very nice... sorry for your experience.. But trust me.. U wouldnt want the accessories there.. They are very over priced..

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ginnybean17ginnybean17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i was just there, made an appointment ahead of time, and had a WONDERFUL experience. sorry you had a bad one. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As the owner of TLC Bridal Boutique I take every complaint very seriously, and this one was extremely upsetting.  It is and has always been my intention to make each and every bride feel special.  To achieve this, I require appointments.  This allows each bride to have a 'one on one' experience with a salesperson who spends up to 2 hours entirely with them.  We never pressure brides for sales and we allow photos to make your selection easier if you choose to go to another salon.  On the Friday that you came to our shop, I only had one salesperson and myself working and looking at my schedule book, there were already 2 appointments in progress and 1 more on the way.  We try to accomodate walk-ins, despite the fact that we are an appointment only shop, but there are occasions when we cannot give walk-ins the service they deserve. In a case such as yours, you should have been assisted in making an appointment for a future date. I apologize that you were not given the customer service that we strive to give each of our customers, but please understand that without an appointment, the situation is more difficult. I wish you all the best in the remaining preparations for your wedding and for your marriage, and I hope that you will accept this apology and understand why this less than ideal circumstance arose.
  • Options
    troesch1troesch1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    should have just written "i'm sorry you're upset but it was your fault"
  • Options
    Mhaley1027Mhaley1027 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously...an appointment to look at hair accessories - get over yourself TLC!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WoW!

Did you find what you was looking for over all else where?
    http://MDPartyPlanner.com MDPartyPlanner@Yahoo.com
  • Options
    LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes - I did end up finding exactly what I was looking for on Etsy - as for bridal shops I would highly recommend Potomac Bridals - they are extremely friendly, always welcoming and gracious - they also sell their dresses at the suggested retail price and never mark them up, I called them to price compare to some other salons and found as much as a $500 dollar difference between them and another store for the exact same dress (not a sample) - I also had a great experience at Betsey Robinson's in Pikesville, though they are a bit pricier, but have an awesome selection.
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This Bridal Shop also told me via email, when I inquired about a dress, that if my bridesmaids were only interested in trying on a dress, i would have to pay a fee, unaware of my intentions. Too bad I had a bad experience at another bridal salon in Columbia, and was looking for a better one to give my business! The search continues.
  • Options
    LindsMullinixLindsMullinix member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland_beware-of-tlc-bridals-frederick-md?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:627Discussion:e868cd67-2106-4300-b007-d33f0e3c56e8Post:2cba1e79-d38f-412d-8631-5525fe4ac0eb">Re: Beware of TLC Bridals in Frederick, MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]This Bridal Shop also told me via email, when I inquired about a dress, that if my bridesmaids were only interested in trying on a dress, i would have to pay a fee, unaware of my intentions. Too bad I had a bad experience at another bridal salon in Columbia, and was looking for a better one to give my business! The search continues.
    Posted by MLG424[/QUOTE]

If your not opposed to driving a little ways check out Potomac Bridals in Hagerstown, MD - They are amazing - always polite and accomodating and they really cater to you during your appointment - I highly recommend them!!
    -Linds
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards