Maryland

Help African American Make-up

I need make up for my wedding on March 26,2010 in Baltimore, MD.  I have had a few consulations in the past weeks and needless to say they have been unsuccessful! I am a Dark skinned ,Black woman and I have never had my make up done to my liking ........... not a Diva its that the makeup is always to light or ashy looking please pass on any Make up artist that you guys know of !!!!!!

Thanks so much in advance,

Re: Help African American Make-up

• edited December 2011
    Hey there! You might want to pose this question over on the African American Wedding board.  There are a few of us from the Baltimore/DC area over there.

I would suggest scoping out darker skinned employees at makeup counters and checking out their makeup - if you like their makeup, chances are they might be able to hook you up.  Many of them freelance for weddings and special events (as in come to your location)

I think the mistake many people make when applying makeup to women with very dark skin is using too much makeup or colors that do not complement the undertones.  I dibble dabble in makeup and I've always enjoyed doing makeup for women with dark skin.  The skin is already so rich and beautiful - usually just needs a little evening out and beautiful colors that accent the already rich and beautiful face real estate.  Sorry - I went a little off topic.

There is a woman that works at the MAC store in Towson. She is very dark skinned and her face always looks flawless whenever I happen to be there.  If I am there anytime in the near future I will get her information for you.
  • mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me know what you end up going with.  As a side note, my girlfriend used this company for her wedding last year.  They come to you, and my girlfriend was very pleased with them. http://wrighttouchspa.com/
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CashauntCashaunt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!!!!!!!  I will keep you posted
  • edited December 2011

I have an awesom person that does professional work as a makeup artist for MAC. Contact her by email facesbysunset@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards