Maryland

Amazing Make-up done by Lori Nansi

Hello soon-to-be brides =) 

I got married a few months ago and have been meaning to write something up here about my make-up artist, Lori Nansi.  She was AMAZING, which is actually an understatement!  To start at the beginning, I had wanted air-brushed make-up because I wanted my make-up to last all day, but I was completely aprehensive about getting air brush make-up (because I was affraid it would be "too much").  After my trial, though, I was beyond impressed.  Lori is so incredibly talented and - too add to it - she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.  For my wedding, I wanted a very natural look but with a little "oomf", which she did flawlessly.  But, she will do whatever style you want and is all about listening and trying to create the image that you have in your mind.  She also did almost all of my bridesmaidmaids and my mom, mother in law, and stepdaughter.  I can honestly say that everyone LOVED their make-up.  And, it did it's job and lasted all day and night =)

I recently went back to Lori for a "day after" shoot that we had with our photographer and again - I couldn't have been more excited to see her again and she did just as amazing of a job as if it were my actual wedding day again. 

Her website is www.lorianansi.com.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me, but really - you will fall in love with her work.  It was such a comfort having her there on my wedding day!  I know planning a wedding can be stressful, but Lori completely took a few stresses off my shoulders =)  She's wonderful! 

Good luck with all your wedding planning, ladies!  I hope you get the opportunity to work with Lori - she really is one of the best out there!  Well, THE best, in my opinion =)

~Meredith =)

Re: Amazing Make-up done by Lori Nansi

• edited December 2011
    Will Lori come to you?
  • nansiborisnansiboris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @SitaraG

Yes she does come to you ! she rocks the makeup!
  • edited December 2011
    Lori was very uprofessional in dealing with us for our upcoming wedding. Not only did the sound excited about our wedding, we got all the way to writing up a contract even without a makeup trial. As I waited for her to check if all the details in the contract were okay, she emails me back saying she went with another bride. I thought she was very unprofessional in her conduct, she did not let me know that she was working wiith someone else, and I sent her the contract , but she did not reply back. I did not want post such a negative review and I left all this behind, but I felt compelled to when she screwed over my friend for her wedding. Just one month before her wedding date, Lori mentions that she may be 1.5 hrs late to work on her for her wedding stating that "traffic" may be an issue. I am not sure how she predicted that in advance. Even so, if you know traffic is an issue, you have all the means to leave early to get to your appt on time. She then emails back saying, "I am going to send my assistant". My friend asked for her deposit back and Lori said since the bride is cancelling, she can keep the money. Hello, you are breaking the terms of your agreement, its courtesy to give the deposit back if you cannot make it in time and can only send an assistant. That in my opinion is very unprofessional. My friend was stranded and had to find a new makeup artist just one month before her wedding! Be careful before you pick your makeup artist. She has great reviews on Weddingwire, and she may have been good once, but right now, she is unprofessional in her behavior and as a bride, you will be stressed.
  • jbrown2020jbrown2020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leah Mckay is awesome and she has been written up in the Washingtonian
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards