Maryland

Just starting out

Hi all,

I've been engaged for a little over a month now and have for the most  part just been flitting from board to board looking for ideas.  I do have a question that maybe someone will be able to help with:

We are looking at venues and one in particular is sticking out for the moment.  Any reviews (good or bad) of Running Hare VIneyards?  

We aren't big wine drinkers but the location looks great on the website (we are visiting it next week).  We don't have a specific date in mind just yet, generally: March-May or September in 2012 and we don't want anything fussy for right around 100 guests, just for everyone to have a good time.  We live in St. Mary's County (I'm from Baltimore originally)  so we have been looking at a few different places from down here to Baltimore.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
image 94 Are making the trek South
image 39 Won't be able to make it
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Just starting out

• mybooboosmybooboos member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations to you and Welcome to the board!

I don't know anything about that particular venue, but you may also want to try the Baltimore boards, to see if there's someone there that can offer some insight.
    Presentation is everything!! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I went to a wedding and my FI has worked a few there as a DJ. it is a great location and a beautiful venue. The caterer for there that is the best is Maryland Country Caterers. I would highly recommend this venue.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like a nice place!

We're getting married at the Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa in Calvet County. Might not be low key enough for you though.

I know some one who got married and the Musuem of Science and Industry in Baltimore and it turned out lovely.  If it's going to be outside though for the ceremony, make sure you account for the temperature when selecting your date.
  • edited December 2011

Running Hare is a fantastic place to have your ceremony and reception.  I went to the first wedding they had at the new building.  The owners are fantastic and their caterer (Maryland Country Caterers) is delicious.  When are you thinking about getting married?  I believe they are pretty booked so you should contact them ASAP.  The only downside for me are: 1- the price of just having everything there and 2- that you have to buy their wine, by the case and there is a minimum.  You can always just use the wine at the bar but I just don't like that being a stipulation.  But on the plus side, its beautiful there!!!

• browner3browner3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went last week to look at everything.  Barb is so nice and the vineyard and new building is gorgeous.  We are a bit hesitant because 1) of the price because of the requirement to purchase at least 7 cases of their wine.  We aren't huge wine drinkers, and neither are most of my family. 2) most of my family is from Baltimore and his from Pittsburgh so we would need to find accommodations for everyone for the most part. 

We are looking at spring 2012, but it really depends on my FI's masters program classes and he travels for work a lot more in the spring.    I love that there is an option to have the wedding inside if the weather is nasty, but Barb did a great job of pointing out that each row of grapes are lit, the stars are really bright, and the romantic points of the vineyard.  We are super mushy gushy, but I really liked it.  Now just to talk the FI into it :)
    June 2012 Siggy Challenge: Invitations
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Planning Updated 02.08.12
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image 134 Invited!
    image 94 Are making the trek South
    image 39 Won't be able to make it
    image 0 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards