Maryland

Reccomendations Please!

I've gotten a few proposals from caterers, but I'm not happy with the prices or the food for most of them. The one I really liked I found out was booked on my date!
Argh!

Does anyone have reccs for a good, not break-the-bank-expensive caterer that services the MD area?

Thanks!

Re: Reccomendations Please!

• ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I did a tasting with KS catering in Essex.  VERY affordable.  BUT I do know they prefer a buffet style, so they are the way to go if that is what you are looking for.  Not to say they won't accomodate a plated meal if you ask though, he is very nice.

Now I am not particularly picky about food, so you may have a different opinion than me but I thought the food was very good.  My fiance loved the chicken chesapeake and I was a sucker for the shrimp scampi.  They go to the Baltimore Bridal show next month so if you go, check them out!

Basically they do a great package that includes a two tier cake for low $20s per person.   They are fairly reasonable for the alcohol too, but our reception is quite laid back so they are letting us get our own alcohol and we will just pay to have him provide a bartender.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! I don't kno where your reception is but I'm using Hunt Valley Caterers and I LOVE THEM!!!! they have fantastic prices (for budget brides) great bar prices, and they work with Yia Yia's Bakery for Cakes if you want to add cakes to catering packages.
  • serenitymdserenitymd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Hunt Valley Catering too.  They have nice prices. From the tasting, the food was not the greatest, but good enough.  The prices made up for it.  We will have crabcake for an affordable price. The wedding is this weekend, so we'll see how it turns out.  I would pass on them if great food is important to you.
  • Hello, check out Sweet Sensations LLC. Other than a venue, we can help you with almost everything else. Catering, cakes, decor, linens,other rentals, coordination, lighting, centerpieces, fresh flowers, chiavari chairs, you name it, we have it. The best part, is that we are more affordable than other companies!!! Though on our site, we set amazing flat rate prices, we will also do our best to accommodate any budget!!! Call us today!!!!

selinaharris61@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards