Michigan-Northern

Traverse City Hotels

I'm planning a June 2011 wedding on Old Mission Penninsula & I'm having some trouble finding a hotel near the penninsula that will give me a reasonable price for a hotel room block.  Most of the places I've called are quoting me $180+ per night, which is too expensive, in my opinion!  I know it's a busy time of year but I feel like I could find something more priceworthy...  and I also don't want my family staying at the Super 8 (gah) Any suggestions?  Where are your guests staying & how much per night?

Wedding Countdown Ticker 6-26-2011 :)

Re: Traverse City Hotels

• edited December 2011
    I am having the same problem with the hotel situation in TC. My wedding is in August and every where I have asked to see if they can set aside rooms for the weekend, I either have to have something at their hotel ie: rehearsal dinner, bach party, luncheon etc. or my guest have to stay two nights and its like you said  $180+ night. The only thing I have come up with is to have the guest search on like hotwire.com, priceline.com...etc to get good rates at the places they will want to stay and however long they want to stay there for.

Sorry to hear that you aren't finding anything. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    August bride to ditto this!!! I get married this coming Summer and I have just been calling ever hotel in the area. Most won't even do a single AAA discount in the area to a family because they know they will completely sell every room with or with out weddings. Let me know if you have any luck, I have even started to recommend camping at the State Park to some of the outdoorsy groomsmen because of the ridiculous prices!!!
  • ashlebenashleben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on Old Mission Peninsula with the reception 25 min away.  My guests are staying at the Holiday Inn on West Bay.  We are paying to have a brunch the Sunday after the wedding because most of our guests are out of town so it's an extra thank you and with it the guests get their rooms for $140 a night.  Without the brunch Holiday Inn does 20% off whatever the going rate at the time is, so depending on when the guests book their room prices will vary and next summer is already expensive.  I know Days Inn and Cambria Suites which was just redone are right around $140 too when I called them in October.  Hope that helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Hi, Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City try it and see what they have to say, if they don't have anything let me know...my brother owns it. You can often find them on facebook and he post specials on there all the time. I don't know what his go is with blocking out rooms but do know that they don't have rules re functions as they don't do them. they do have a pool and most rooms have a little kitchen type thing. He just refurb the place last year. I will email him and tell him he may have some calls coming through! Keep me posted!

My other brother manages at Great Wolf Lodge but I know there prices can be high. They do block out rooms and then what is not booked 1month out they put back up for everyone.

• edited December 2011
    I also called the TC convention and visitor's bureau and a lady there asked what our wedding date was, etc. and then sent an email out to hotels and I got about 6 quotes back within a week, but they are all expensive as well. We are planning on having an open house the day after our wedding (which is on a Friday) and provide food and something for our guests to do because of the 2-night minimum. I will check both of those places though, thanks @hellerc1!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a wedding in TC coming up in september  and  found 2 hotels, but they are not downtown. The Courtyard Marriot is at 140 and will block rooms for you, and right across the street is Baymont suites and they block also, at  99/night. The courtyard marriot has been great to work with and thy have a great outdoor deck with a bonfire pit and big furniture. A good place for everyone to hang out after wedding or the friday before. They will work with you on night minimums...
    Good Luck;)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards