Michigan-Northern

Venues for a reception near the beach?

I am newly engaged and I am looking into the possibility of having an outdoor reception on or near a beach.  Any ideas on potential venues?  Anywhere along lake Michigan is fine (I'd pretty much be doing a mini destination wedding in Michigan).  I think the ideal place would be somewhere that has grass, a cement pad or a wooden deck near the beach since setting up tables and chairs in the sand would be difficult.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Re: Venues for a reception near the beach?

• edited December 2011
    My fiances brother is getting married at the Park Shore Resort in Traverse City.  Its right on the beach and has a deck with a tent for the ceremony.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever tried Paradise Michigan located in the upper penisula. There is a banquet hall there where I did a catering job and looks out over the  lake. I am a caterer and if you have any questions, I would have no problem answering any questions that you may have at kerrymt@yahoo.com
  • booffybooffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area are you looking in? There are a couple of great venues in Northern Michigan-- Homestead in Glen Arbor--awesome view of the Lake. Perry Hotel in Petosky--beautiful grounds. Vineyard Inn--right on the water on the West Bay. Park Shore Resort--Traverse City--right on the East Bay, but not very private. If you're willing to trek up to Mackinac Island, there are bunch of great venues, including the Grand Hotel. Hope this helps!
  • jenmacmsujenmacmsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Elberta Lifesaving Station in Frankfort/Elberta area.  Sounds like what you are looking for!
  • jamm2019jamm2019 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a place right outside of East Jordan between East Jordan and Charlevoix called Elm Point.  It is on Lake Charlevoix.  Very beautiful setting.  It has a grassy area, and there is space for a tent also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards