Michigan-Northern
Options

beach ceremony- help!

I've been researching beach ceremony  venues that ideally are at the same location where the reception can be held and am not satisfied with what I'm finding...... we are basically open to having it anywhere in MI. I've looked up Mackinaw island but thats quite expensive. Any suggestions?!?... Also, I really dont want it on a public beach and it doesnt have to be the same venue for both but i would like both on the water. thanks!Cool

Re: beach ceremony- help!

• Options
    Im in the same boat!!! I'd like to have my ceremony and reception in the same place, but i want something on the beach and preferably away from the public. I cant find anything at all. Someone help us!! =) 
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I am getting married on the beach in elberta MI..... and then the recepiton is at the life Saving Station...that is up up the hill from the beach. It is a Public beach by not a lot of people go over to that side bc Frankfort MI is on the other side of the Harbor and people stay over on that side. Look in to the Life Saving Station in Elberta MI. I hope that helps out a little!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Although not technically "on the beach", I highly recommend the Hagerty Center in Traverse City.  My husband and I had our ceremony and reception there last fall and it was beautiful!  There is outdoor space overlooking Traverse Bay where you can have your ceremony - plus there is the option to move the ceremony indoors in case of inclement weather (like we had).  It's worth checking out.   Happy planning! 

• Options
    You might try Portage Point Inn in Onekama or Camp Arcadia in Arcadia. Both of these places have private beaches for a ceremony.
  • Options
    I am also having my reception at the life saving station in Elberta, however we are having our ceremony on the beach of the Harbor Lights Resort in Frankfort. They will reserve the beach for you if you have a block of rooms at the resort and it is free. They will also include running power to the beach for free.
  • Options
    Visions at CenterPointe!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards