Michigan-Northern
Options

Wedding in Elk Rapids, MI - Has Anyone Researched the Area?

Hello,

Does anyone know of venues in Elk Rapids, MI? I see that the Town Hall can be rented but I am wondering if the pavillion at the harbor can be rented. I can't seem to find any information and haven't had a lot of luck with getting in touch with someone.

I am curious to know if anyone has feedback. I am looking for an "off the beaten path" venue. I really wanted to have my wedding in a barn but every place I've called is either out of my price range or booked.

Thanks!

Sarah

Re: Wedding in Elk Rapids, MI - Has Anyone Researched the Area?

• Options
    Have you looked at Timberlee Hills at the base of Leelanau County?  It is a traditional wedding venue, but provided us with a great alternative to having the barn wedding we wanted.  Rustic feel, outdoor ceremony space and eveyrthing is taken care of for you.  The pricing is affordable and the food is pretty good.  I had my wedding there over Labor Day weekend and everyone loved the venue.  Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-northern_wedding-in-elk-rapids-mi-has-anyone-researched-the-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:628Discussion:3c28134f-2095-42b3-a49b-981932f10526Post:3fd15e31-0bb0-44e6-a1c8-ba70c187906b">Wedding in Elk Rapids, MI - Has Anyone Researched the Area?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, Does anyone know of venues in Elk Rapids, MI? I see that the Town Hall can be rented but I am wondering if the pavillion at the harbor can be rented. I can't seem to find any information and haven't had a lot of luck with getting in touch with someone. I am curious to know if anyone has feedback. I am looking for an "off the beaten path" venue. I really wanted to have my wedding in a barn but every place I've called is either out of my price range or booked. Thanks! Sarah
    Posted by jenga44[/QUOTE]

You can reserve the park on the island in the middle of the river right there by the harbor.  I would think you could reserve the pavilion, too.  I found several contact sources by searching for Library Park Elk Rapids, etc.  I would try calling the Elk Rpaids Chamber of Commerce.  They should be a big help!
  • Options
    Google "Wedding barn traverse city" For barn 14 miles south of Elk Rapids in Acme
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards