Michigan-Northern
Options

Outdoor Wedding Ideas - Beach, Lake, etc

I LOVE the beach, sand, sun, etc so I want it beach themed BUT my family can't travel to Florida, california so I want it to be at Lake Michigan or somewhere around there. Do you have any ideas?

Re: Outdoor Wedding Ideas - Beach, Lake, etc

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Any ideas like locations? Check out the Homestead in Glen Arbor, Bay Harbor Village in Bay Harbor, Stafford's Bay View Inn or Perry Hotel in Petoskey (love these two), or Boyne Falls.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a few suggestions if you are still looking for the perfect location to have your wedding. There are numerous cities along Lake Michigan that have beautiful beaches and or parks near the lakeshore that will present for a spectacular backdrop for your ceremony. Check out the county parks in Muskegon and Ottawa counties. We saw a wedding ceremony being set up at Kirk Park (Grand Haven) on the beach last September and it was awesome. Very tropical feel achieved with the sun, the sand, and the floral touches. Grand Haven in general has everything you are looking for in a destination wedding. Look at www.visitgrandhaven.com and click on the weddings tab for a free download---it has everything! I love Lake Michigan and can share more ideas if you like----wedding planning is my niche! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You sound like a vendor Undecided
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry! Never been paid a dime to share my 20 plus years of vacationing in Northern Michigan with anyone. Just trying to be helpful as I await responses for my post!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bad. Just looked shifty, with as little posts as you had.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards