Michigan-Northern

Having a hard time finding an outdoor ceremony site in Traverse City

We have picked out our reception location (Timber Ridge Resort) but I don't want to have our ceremony there.  I would love to be able to do it at one of the city parks or on a beach at either of the bays. Yet, finding a location that is either cheap or free (crazy thought I know) is a bit difficult to do in a city surrouned by water.  

Does anybody have experience with a similar situation? 

Re: Having a hard time finding an outdoor ceremony site in Traverse City

• Yes, it is harder than one would think.  Not sure of how many guests you are having, but if it is small, I say show up and do your thing!  Have you contacted the City office to inquire about available locations?  Or the visitor's bureau has a wedding planning guide that may be helpful.

We are getting married at Timberlee Hills which has an outdoor ceremony spot, but its not cheap ($700 or so).  Not on the beach but on a hill with pretty nice views.

Sorry I can't be more helpful!
  • chariz808chariz808 member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for your advice! I definitely have to a make a call into the City offices.  I've also had suggestions of Hickory Hills and Mount Holiday.  But need to make those phone calls! :)
  • There is a beautiful spot on the river in downtown TC. Rarely used... Off sixth street
  • Not sure when your wedding was or is but there are a few parks that you can use for free. I know Hull Park behind the library you can use for free and it's right on the river. it's 231-922-4910 for the City Parks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards