California-Orange County

Flowers How much is too much??

I am looking for a florist and don't want to spend too much on something we are going to toss at the end of the night. I am not having a wedding party so i don't have to worry about those extras. But we are providing flowers for mother, father, and 2 bro's and 2 grams.

Re: Flowers How much is too much??

• Soon2BeENRSoon2BeENR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you be comfortable going to Conroys for all the parents' flowers?  Or are you looking for someone to do centerpieces, too?  Conroys is pretty cheap, and they are everywhere.
  • marcv004marcv004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for a place that will take care of everything. LOL i just don't know what price range i should expect
  • ashley010525ashley010525 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try my Florist! InFO IN bloggdluk
  • jaejaeveejaejaevee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Petals by Marsha.  Marsha was so easy to work with and everything came out beautiful.  Marsha was especially great about letting us know which flowers last, which are least expensive, that kind of thing. Here are a few pics in case you want to see her work . . . http://nelyphoto.com/blog/?p=1051.
  • alitowed2009alitowed2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel ya on this one... I was not about to spend $2,000 to$3,000+ on something that was going into the trash after the wedding. Every florist I interviewed gave me the crazy loook everytime I said that I didnt want to spend that much. I'm not the crafty type so doing them myself was just no an option. So I'm making my DOC do them...lol yes making her! No not really she acually is pretty good and has some great connection at downtown so we are going to go a pick out the flowers I want, buy them in bulk and she and my mom ( and maybe me.....we'll see) will be making them a couple of days in advance and my DOC will take care of set up and stuff. Oh and it included bridal party flowers, my bouquet, church and reception flowers. My budget is only $1,300 so will see how that works out. Good luck to you.
  • portolaportola member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    marcv= what city are you located in?
  • edited December 2011
    If you want to make sure you're getting a good deal on the flowers for the family members in your wedding, you could call a place like Conroy's or any general florist and ask how much corsages run and how much bouts run.  I originally only wanted to spend about $500 on flowers, but realized that with my bouquet, 5 BM bouquets , 3 corsages, 8 bouts, and about 15 centerpieces, it really wasn't going to work unless I did it myself (which scared me).  So I judged florist quotes by how close the corsage and bout costs were to what I remember buying for high school proms and the like.  The bouquets were the most expensive part (ended up at $100 for mine and $60 for each BM).  I based my centerpiece cost on what it would cost me to do them myself (we went very simple on the centerpieces).  Overall, I ended up spending more than I thought I would on flowers, but I felt comfortable since each individual piece seemed to be an appropriate cost.
  • amy77jcamy77jc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Flower Allie. She's really sweet and very creative (which i'm not, so it helps) and her prices are very reasonable. Also, if you give her a budget, she can make creations that will fit within your budget too...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards