California-Orange County
Options

Mother of the Bride Dress Help

Hi all!Do any of you have any places near by to get a mother of the bride dress?  It is so hard to get my mom a dress that she likes! Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Mother of the Bride Dress Help

• Options
    Soon2BeENRSoon2BeENR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say any department store will have something nice.  I've found the mother-of-the-bride dresses at wedding dress stores are pretty hideous, and they all look the same. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mom found hers at Saks. I've also seen some nice one at Nordstrom.
  • Options
    darthsummerdarthsummer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom and I looked at MOB dresses in the store, but ended up finding her dress at Tadashi in South Coast Plaza. Sacks, Nordstroms, Macy's, Bloomies - all those stores have wonderful dresses!
    Lawyer/Mediator, Realtor... now preparing for the most important job of all: Mom! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    NDAshleyNDAshley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom was hard because she didn't want the typical MOB "suit" but she also didn't want to look like a 55 year old in a teenager's prom dress. We looked everyone- bridal stores, dept. stores and finally went to the Wedding Day in HB. She found a great dress, actually a bridesmaids dress with an older-looking style that was perfect. The don't have a ton of the "suits" if that's what she wants, but I really liked the shop.
  • Options
    modsing16modsing16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom also didn't want a "typical" mother of the bride dress, so we went to nordstroms and macy's. She ended up finding a beautiful outfit at Macy's it looked great on her. You might want to check these places out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom actually found hers at Alfred Angelo, I guess it's technically a bridesmaid dress, but it looks amazing on her and doesn't look bridesmaids-y. There's a picture in my bio under the bridal party info if you want to see it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards