California-Orange County
Options

Proper STD Etiquette/gift registry

My fi and I our ready to send out our save the dates we already registered and are not sure if we should include the inserts given to us from our registry. Or should we send them with our invitations aren’t sure what the proper etiquette is.Or should they not be included at all. What did some of you do?  

Re: Proper STD Etiquette/gift registry

• Options
    edited December 2011
    People's opinions differ on this.  I have seen on The Knot that it is a major no no to send those with the invitations.  They will tell you that people will ask where you're registered and that's how you go about it.  You can include them in the bridal shower invites.  I have never heard of them being sent with STDs. I've gotten wedding invites with the registry info included and I didn't mind. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    HOLSTANGHOLSTANG member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't do it!  Most people will find out where you are registered, and it's a little early to include it in you STD's.  And DON'T put it in your invites either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you send them with the STDs, people will keep the STD but end up tossing the registry info.  We included a little card in our invites that said "for more information, see ..website.."  The website then had links to our registries.The wedding I just went to had a large front-and-back insert that had a lot of the website information on it - hotels in the area, travel info, where they were registered, directions, etc.  I didn't think it was too tacky, but I wouldn't include an insert that only mentions your registry.
  • Options
    JenandNeilJenandNeil member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't send out registry information with any invitation.  Unless it's a Bridal Shower invite in which case the Bride is NOT sending out the invite.  It implies that a gift is more important than the company of your loved one.  As another option you can insert information on a wedding website that can tell guests where a couple is registered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards