California-Orange County
Options

Wedding Music Dilemma

Okay so I always though Canon in D was a beautiful song and what I imagined walking down the aisle to. The wedding coordinator at the church we are getting married at said that Canon in D is better for the bridesmaids and something stronger is for the bride because she is supposed to have a grand enterence. She said I can obviously do whatever I like but now I am all sorts of confused. I have been listening to tons of songs and yes the other options are louder and more prounounced. My vision was that the bridesmaids would walk down during the slower part of Canon in D and when the main course comes in that would be when I walked down the aisle. Or possibly having them walk down to a different song and then I would walk down to Canon in D but it is much softer than all of the processional options they have. Any ideas or thoughts?

Re: Wedding Music Dilemma

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I've def. seen people walk down the aisle to Canon in D and it's always beautiful. I think if that's what you want you should just use it like you had planned! People will be so focused on you walking down the aisle that I'm sure they won't even notice what music is being played.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what you want and don't worry about what the lady at the church says. It will sound beautiful and be fine to use Canon in D.
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree...use Cannon in D. If you want a processional options for the wedding party that is "soft" then maybe you would like Bach, Air on G
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP this is your wedding and the time when you walk down the aisle - you should do it to what you want.  And if this is something you always wanted - DO IT.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I walked down to "Kiss Me" (it was a piano version) and thought everyone would notice... no one did! So, I agree with the pp's. Walk down to what you want to walk down to, and don't let a wedding coordinator second guess youself.
  • Options
    IfferMarieIfferMarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies =D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards