California-Orange County
Options

Venue on a Budget

Hi ladies! I'm in need of help- my mom gave me a budget of $15k total, and so far we've had little luck finding a venue that fits within our price range and desires (ceremony and reception at same venue, 100 ppl, all under $8500). She hated the two places we went to that fit the budget, and had sticker-shock at the cost of weddings at a few of the nicer places that we both loved. Honestly, I'm hoping she'll up the budget by $5k at least, but in the event she doesn't, does anyone have suggestions for me? (We visiting OC Mining Co & Westminster Rose Center already).Thanks! :)

Re: Venue on a Budget

• Options
    ikchambersikchambers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you could try The La Mirada Golf Course :D
  • Options
    GlobugfGlobugf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Green Parrot Villa in Santa Ana.  It's a Hacienda style venue accross from the Bowers museum.  We are getting married their in April 2010 and it can accomidate both the ceremony and reception for 100 people and they can work with your budget.  Tell Javier that Gloria and Art sent you.
  • Options
    JoKelsiCJoKelsiC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suggest my venue to everyone: it's the alumni house at Cal State Fullerton. If you join the alumni association (it's only $40 a year), you get the entire house (which includes a beautiful patio) for only $65 an hour.
  • Options
    mickeyoc949mickeyoc949 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try Electra Cruises out of Newport Beach, CA. They have 5 different boats to choice from and it is all inclusive! We just went there today and it is beautiful =)Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey check this website www.orangecountyminingco.com I went to see this place when I was searching for a venue, they had good prices but it was too small for our wedding.
  • Options
    cheerstoucheerstou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Heritagemuseumoc.org they actually our on the knot under venues and it is gorgeous and the price is amazing.  You can find a place to fit your budget you just have to really look around....
  • Options
    Phoenix10Phoenix10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice! :) Has anyone used any of the sites through Christian Wedding Planning Center (Ridgeview Gazebo and Banquet in particular)? http://www.cwpc.net/ We're going to go check them out tomorrow... I'll report back if it looks promising. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for a beach location, try my venue: Ole Hanson Beach Club in San Clemente, CA (olehansonbeachclub.com) It's SUPER reasonable as a venue and you pretty much bring in all of your own vendors. I can't speak highly enough of the location!
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options
    JoKelsiCJoKelsiC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went and visited the Christian banquet center a few years ago for my moms wedding, and we didn't like it at all. It was inexpensive, but I thought that the place was pretty tacky.
  • Options
    sloanne28sloanne28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am on a tight budget too. I found UCI University Club. It has the ceremony and reception area all in one location.
  • Options
    Phoenix10Phoenix10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep, agree with JoKelsiC. We weren't impressed with CWPC- it definitely was affordable, but I hated the venue. (I think I'm a little picky though.) But anyway, in the end, we ended up increasing the budget (I estimated right, by about 5 grand) and I found a venue that I absolutely love! Yay! :)Thanks for all the helpful suggestions ladies, I will definitely keep up with the OC board- you guys have good ideas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married a while ago at California Plaza in Buena Park.  I personally visited about 20 venues, and for the price, that's the one we liked the best.  It's an outdoors area but enclosed.   Had a very good experience with them.
  • Options
    cheerstoucheerstou member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where did you book for your reception ~  I just went to the Pacific Edges open house and it was amazing but a little bit out of my budget...
  • Options
    katiemjobekatiemjobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in your similar situation. My fiance and I decided to buy a house and cut our wedding budget way back. We looked at many places around OC but everything we liked was way out of our price range. I stumbled across Lake Oak Meadows which is in Temecula, outside of all the winerys. If you and your fiance are willing to have your wedding for cheaper in Temecula, you should check out the website. www.lakeoakmeadows.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Laguna Hills Holiday Inn. The Crystal ballroom is fantastic and they worked with my 13k budget w/100 ppl.  They were the best! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Los Caballeros in Fountain Valley; their caterer is 24 carrots, you can look them up online. They are really great, the food is good, and most importantly, the place is very pretty. It's a sports village, so that's odd, and it's indoors, but you can do ceremony and reception there. For our 135 guests we are at $9K approx. My florist, photog, and DJ all loved the place and never heard of it before. Hope this helps! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards