California-Orange County
Options

Help! Looking for affordable OC venue!

Getting married on June 21, 2013 somewhere in the OC. Ive lived here for the past 6 years so I know nothing is really "affordable" in orange county!

Our budget is 5k, which includes dress, food/drinks, venue, invites, EVERYTHING.
I am looking for a venue, inside or outside, that allows alcohol, can fit about 65+\- a few, and will allow us to celebrate til dark. I know this is ambitious!

TIA!

Also, I have tried weddingwire and here ones the guide and can't find much in my price range :(
mom to baby Zoe, DX Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3, over 50 fractures since birth, 4 surgeries, uses a wheelchair, severe sleep apnea, mild hydrocephalus, beautiful blue eyes.

Re: Help! Looking for affordable OC venue!

• Options
    Not entirely sure exactly where you are located. Here are some options that I was given when I was looking.

Huntington Beach Library Equestrian Center http://www.hcpec.com/special_events.html

Newland Barn http://www.stockteam.com/newland_barn.html

And a list of all Huntington Beach Parks. (Some are really nice and have indoor areas as well). http://www.stockteam.com/hbparks.html

Also try the local community centers and recreation centers. Fountain Valley Senior Center and Fountain Valley Recreation Center both do wedding rentals. Some have more rules than others and you do have to do all the setup and clean up work, but if thats what you have to do for you budget-gotta do what you gotta do!

I also suggest making a bunch of stuff. I've made my kissing balls, card box, centerpieces, and invitations so far. That way you have more to spend on the other stuff.

Good luck!

• Options
    Wre in HB but willing to go anywhere in OC. What are kissing balls?
    mom to baby Zoe, DX Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3, over 50 fractures since birth, 4 surgeries, uses a wheelchair, severe sleep apnea, mild hydrocephalus, beautiful blue eyes.
  • Options
    I'm in FV so I've checked out alot of things in the area!

Kissing balls are also called pomanders. They can be used to dectorate the aisle for you ceremony, sometimes flower girls or bridesmaids hold them too instead of a bouquet. Here's a picture of mine. They are pretty easy to make too.

• Options
    I would try all the different cities, they usually have venues. Like I know Mission Viejo has the beautiful Norman Murray center that is definitely affordable. Or try city parks that you could tent. I know Dana Point allows that.
  • Options
    How pretty!!!
  • Options
    Thanks! Smile 

If you need any ideas or anything feel free to let me know! I'm having a blast making things and looking up vendors and stuff, so I've got tons of info if you need it!

• Options
    We had a similar situation but double the guests. We are having out wedding this November at the Brea Community Center in Brea and its great for a wedding. Indoor/Outdoor available and they have all the chairs and tables so you would just bring everything else! They let you bring in your own food (can't be homemade, needs to be from a caterer) and you can bring in your own alcohol as long as you pay for a liqor license ($185).

Check it out! Just google the brea community center :)

Good Luck
  • Options
    Hi Ladies,

My budget is similar $10K for 100 -120 guests. I'm getting married at Newland Barn in HB, the venue is much prettier than the website lets on. and the musuem in front is too cute to describe plus there is a little flower garden off to the side!  I'm super excited to have this venue. They have a full kitchen on site and you're allowed beer & wine, can have music until late but everything must be cleaned up and venue closes at midnight, so we are going until 10:30 for the reception then leaving for after party while a crew cleans up.
  • Options

Oh and to rent its $80 per hour!!! just have to go to the HB city hall to book it.
  • Options
    I'm looking for something similar, and the barn looks lovely, but we need something a little closer to Aliso Viejo or Irvine. I would love any suggestions.
  • Options
    You'd be surprised what you can get at the Dana Point Yacht Club. It's beautiful, right on the water and very affordable. We have 100+ guests and were concerned with the small patio and weren't crazy about the other options, but you may like them. They have a very flexible menu and include a lot for the price. Not much info on the website, but I suggest making an appointment and checking it out.  Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_help-looking-for-affordable-oc-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:1450a44e-a3ae-4f8e-a625-73418b7d5636Post:049b463e-afc8-4c75-bf7b-6abff68d93d7">Help! Looking for affordable OC venue!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Getting married on June 21, 2013 somewhere in the OC. Ive lived here for the past 6 years so I know nothing is really "affordable" in orange county! Our budget is 5k, which includes dress, food/drinks, venue, invites, EVERYTHING. I am looking for a venue, inside or outside, that allows alcohol, can fit about 65+\- a few, and will allow us to celebrate til dark. I know this is ambitious! TIA! Also, I have tried weddingwire and here ones the guide and can't find much in my price range :(
    Posted by chelsealush[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Have you looked at the French Estate in Orange?  If they can't do this no one else can. Sara is an amazing host/owner of this location and it's a pretty place to host your wedding, specially in the summer. Really mean it, give them a try. </div><div>
    </div><div> </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards