California-Orange County
Options

Bridesmaid Gifts

I'm having a hard time thinking of something to get my bridesmaids and how much is a reasonable amount to spend on each person!!  I don't want to get the girls necklaces or earrings because I want them to wear whatever they want.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid Gifts

• Options
    MrsTucker2011MrsTucker2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been getting 1 thing a month for each girl - doesn't have to be extravagant or big. So far I've bought-
    - "27 Dresses" DVD
    - Socks that say "bridesmaid"
    - Manicure set
    - Lip gloss
    - Nail polish
    etc.

Today I stopped by Victoria Secret and picked up some perfumes on sale for $2.75 each - usually $15+. Just keep your eye out for deals, and you'll be surprised at all the cute things you can add to a goody bag or gift basket. :) It also helps to spread the expense out over time.
    Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dont think you need to spend a lot of money... just get something that is "them," so to speak.  

I got my bridesmaids a marc jacobs canvas tote ($28) plus a personalized photobook of me + the bridesmaid made through mypublisher.  they LOVED it!   I used one of the photobook pages to write a letter to thanking them and telling them how much they meant to me & how I appreciated them.

good luck!

~Rita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This posting is much nicer than the ones that are posted under wedding party. There are some harsh ladies out there! Etsy has a lot of great gifts ie. jewlery, frames, clutch, makeup bags etc. I'm still trying to figure out what to get as well and keep changing my mind. Suggestions are appreciated! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    kgendron8kgendron8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://beau-coup.com/ has some cute stuff! :)
  • Options
    when I was a maid of honor our bride got us all a box of sees candy! simple and sweet- we were all just thrilled to be a part of her wedding. I think it's the thought that counts :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards