California-Orange County
Options

"Celebrate good times cm'on"...at Celebrations in Newport Beach?

Ok so I haven't booked the Grand Newport Plaza at the Turnip Rose yet because I know am looking at their newest venue Celebrations. Has anyone had their reception their or been to a wedding there? I know this place is newer so there are not alot of reviews out there. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks!

Re: "Celebrate good times cm'on"...at Celebrations in Newport Beach?

• Options
    kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen their new site in person, but it looks really nice in the pictures. I don't know if you ever went to Club Vegas, but thats where it was, so it is downstairs and doesn't have any windows. And it is on the same property as the Plaza.

DH used to work for Turnip Rose and he only has the best things to say about the services and the food. (He wanted to get married there, but it was a little too $$). I do remember when we were talking to the owner's daughter, she mentioned that Celebrations was going to be marketed more towards corporate events and other parties, but that was a couple of years ago, so they might have changed their minds.

I'd say if you've looked at the site and you liked it, then go for it. The TR is going to provide the same quality of services at Celebrations that they would at the Plaza.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Kasarin! Yes I know it used to be Club Vegas. I went to see it and loved it! It's very contemporary which I love. The pictures on the website don't do it justice and I got a killer deal since it new. I booked it last night. So excited!
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey--that is great that you booked your venue!  Congrats!
  • Options
    jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a Bat Mitzvah there and while the food and service was great, from my perspective the venue seemed a little juvenile.  Granted, it to occasion might have added to that feeling!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards