California-Orange County

Tivoli- 4 hours enough?

We are considering having our wedding at Tivoli in Laguna Beach; their max hours is 4.  For those of you that had your wedding here or attended a wedding here, was the 4 hours enough time for the ceremony and reception?  I fear my briday party will be having to usher people out, an awkard position to be in, and I really don't feel like playing the $500/half hour overtime!

Looking for some feedback on the limited hours we're given!

Re: Tivoli- 4 hours enough?

• jilly884jilly884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well if you have a short ceremony (20mins) and then a bit of time after for photos/cocktails/greeting(30 mins) that leaves just over 3 hours for food and are you having dancing?

I just went to a wedding that started at 7pm and then we had cocktails, dinner, speeches, cake cutting was at 10pm--dancing had just begun when my FI and I left at 10pm.  We both had to work the next morning.  I'm assuming the dancing lasted for more than an hour. But that is what happened in the 3 hours that we  were there.  Hope this info is helpful.
  • edited December 2011

IMO 4 hours isn't enough. Our friends got married on one of those yachts in Newport and it was only 4 hours. By the time we were done eating there was only enough time for them to do their first dance, Father/Daughter dance, Mother/Son dance, and 1 other dance. That was it. Oh, and there were only like 75-80 people so its not like dinner took forever because there was a bunch of mouths to feed.

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement.

A four hour wedding can be enough time based on your guest count and intinerary.  ie; money dance? parent dance? etc.

With larger guest counts and a full intinerary, I would suggest no less than 5 hours.

If you have not already booked your date,

Check out An All Inclusive Event at Laguna Village.
    http://www.AnAllInclusiveEvent.com

Laguna Village is a Panoramic ocean view venue with
    5 hour all inclusive packages that are customizeable.

or call Robyn at 714-615-4444 for more information
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't disagree with what the others said, but I will offer this..my sister got married there and the time was fine. It was an afternoon wedding- so we had to be out of there for the evening people, and they didn't want to pay for extra time either. They did some pictures before the ceremony, which made things easier. But there was plenty of time for LOTS of dancing. I guess I did feel like we had to get everything together quickly at the very end because I'd lost track of time; but it wasn't terrible.
    My dad had some people back to his hotel for an after "party" which really consisted of a bunch of us--including my sister and her new husband--hanging out. I don't think the lunch was rushed, and it was one of the most fun weddings I've been to because we danced so much. While I was a little apprehensive about how they do the cake (immediately following the ceremony), I thought it worked well.
    When I got engaged, my fiance and I looked into all the venues owned by Tivol, because it was so beautiful, and I liked that they include so many things that other venues charge extra for. We ended up going elsewhere because we..ok, I, wanted more than 100 people (which would've ended up being a lot more) and found a place that's closer to us.
  • LisaChris2011LisaChris2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RoMy215, thank you for your feedback on Tivoli!  I tried sending you a private message but the website became screwy.

I did end up booking at Tivoli Too.  Did your sister have the buffet or seated dinner?  I agree with the cake cutting concept immediately following the ceremony, however I am not going to do that and just have them place the cake in the tent. I am not having a lot of the "traditional acts" like the bouquet/garter toss, money dance so I'm saving some time there. 
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh how exciting!!! It will be so beautiful! My sister had a seated lunch and didn't do the bouquet/garter toss or a money dance either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards