California-Orange County
Options

Temecula Weddings

Hi! Just starting the wedding planning, and am wondering if anyone has any imput re: getting married at either Falkner Winery or South Coast Winery in Temecula? Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Temecula Weddings

• Options
    retro_bride09retro_bride09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI and I considered Faulkner, but chose Villa de Amore instead. We actually never visited Faulkner, but FSIL had her wedding there, and she says it was a great place. This was 7 years ago, so I don't know how much things have changed. It might be a good idea if you are able to go to their restaurant and scope things out, that way you can have an idea of how they genuinely are, not just how they act to people who are potentially going to spend upwards of 30k with them. Good luck, sorry I don't have more to offer!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    135 Invitedimage 105 Ready to Partyimage 30 Missing Outimage
    RSVP Deadline: 9.30.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Falkner.  It's really nice and inclusive and not too expensive (at least not in the off-season when I'm getting married.) I liked Loretta Falkner a lot.  I booked and haven't done much else but that, so  I can't be too helpful..South Coast though always feels like the winery in Sideways where it's huge and he thinks it's got no soul.  And I ate there once for a birthday dinner and found a lobster shell in my risotto.  There are some other wineries in the area that are super nice. Have you checked out Ponte or Leonesse?  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kelnoellekelnoelle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got engaged and we are thinking about a Temecula wedding.  We are headed out there this weekend and have appointments at 7 of the wineries (including Falkner & South Coast).  I'm pretty sure S.C is the most expensive of all of them.  Have you been out to tour any of the properties yet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I live in MN, so we haven't had a chance to get out to wine country to check out venues.. However, a close girlfriend of mine was married at Falkner 2.5 years ago, and had a faboulous experience (although she only had 20 guests)..it seems that for the cost, you get a lot more bang for your buck at Falkner compared to surrounding wineries..so  I'm interested to know what you think! Please keep me posted!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! How did Villa de Amore compare in pricing to Falkner?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a great weekend in Temecula and were really impressed with most of the wineries.  South Coast looks like #1 right now since there is a resort on the property.  Otherwise, we really liked Leoness, Weins & Falker.  We weren't overly impressed by Callaway or Wilson Creek.  We're headed out there again this weekend to show my parents, and hopefully we'll nail down a place & date!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey there! Wondering what you guys decided on Venues???
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with South Coast, but its really only because of the hotel.  I think some of the others had more charm, but because we're going to have so many out of town guests, South Coast made the most sense.  What about you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I liked that about SC as well, but we decided to go with Falkner, based on my friend's experience there and the cost comparison.. the scary thing is that we can't get out to wine country until the spring.. what did you think of Falkner? Did you by chance try their wines/food???
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What made you decide to do it out here without seeing it first?  Are you from Minneapolis?  We did taste the Falkner wine, but not the food.  It had one of the prettier ceremony spots of all the wineries, but to be honest, the owner was a bit overwhelming for me.  I just imagined our personalities clashing, and that's the last thing I wanted for my wedding day.  When is your big day?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We decided on Falkner, based on my close friend's experience there 3 years ago.. I was unable to attend her wedding, but she had a wonderful experience at Falkner. Yes, we are in Mpls, and unfortunately are unable to travel to Temecula 'til the spring which makes it hard!. We spoke several times over the phone with Loretta and really liked her! She has been very quick to respond and is very well organized so far.. we are getting married in Sept. What about you:? I'm interested in hearing about which other vendors you are using.. so far we have booked just the venue and photographer (Kiss the Bride, out of LA). Still need to figure out an officiant, flowers, cake, DJ, etc.. keep in touch!!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, why CA if you live so far away?  Do you have family/friends out here?  We are booked for 8/20/11.  That's all we have set so far.  I'm going dress shopping this weekend, and I'm asking a family friend to officiate.  How did you decide on your photographer?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We really wanted to get married in a vineyard (and destination!), and initially planned on Sonoma/Napa.. but I quickly realized that that region was way out of our budget! So..based on my friend's experience, I started researching Temecula and we decided to go for it.. my fiance also lived in Newport Beach for 8 years, so he has a close group of friends there. Are you from CA?? I basically decided on our photographer by looking at tons of photographer's websites and looking at their styles.. I really like the photojournalism style, so I came up with a few favorites, and then price compared. Hopefully I made a smart decision!! Did you decide on a photographer? We still need a florist, DJ, and officiant, so if you have any suggestions/imput, I'd love to hear! :) I bought my dress at Macy's a few weeks ago, love it!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah...from CA...actually live in Newport Beach currently!  I don't have anything booked yet except the venue and I got my dress last weekend.  A family friend is going to officiate.  What is the price of your photographer?  I already have a feeling that I am going to go over my budget, so I'm trying to save as much as possible (which doesn't seem like its going to be easy).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our photographer was actually very reasonable, and from what I've seen so far, I love his work.. I did have a problem finding a ton of review though.. I think that for 6 hours and the negatives, 100 prints and a leather bound book, it was around $2200. But he is definitely willing to work with each person's budget and customize something that works for you. My fiance figured out that he has a buddy from college that has a successful DJ business in LA, so I guess that's what we're going with !! Now I just need to figure out a florist and an officiant! Let me know if you have any suggestons!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Falkner as well on 9/3/11.  I've heard great things from friends of friends who got married there and Loretta has been very helpful as well!  I'm also looking for a photographer and florist so any Temecula vendors would be greatly appreciated!! 
  • Options
    LisaChris2011LisaChris2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're having the reception in the barrel room, keep in mind the cold temperatures in there that your guests will have to suffer through.  Yeah its intimate looking, very rustic and makes for great pictures, but your guests will be freezing and very uncomfortable.  Obviously since its where they store their wines the winery can't put in heat lamps or it'll mess with the wine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards