California-Orange County

Wedding Location in South Orange County or Palm Springs?

We have started looking for a venue and have narrowed it down between somewhere near my hometown of Dana Point, CA or out in the desert by Palm Springs. We would love to find something that is different rather than the usual hotel or golf course. Ideally, maybe a house or property where our bridal party could all stay together and we could host the wedding there as well. It would be a wedding for roughly 75 people. Are there any "out of the box" ideas anyone could share?

Thanks!!

Re: Wedding Location in South Orange County or Palm Springs?

• atanteeatantee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have started looking for a venue and have narrowed it down between somewhere near my hometown of Dana Point, CA or out in the desert by Palm Springs. We would love to find something that is different rather than the usual hotel or golf course. Ideally, maybe a house or property where our bridal party could all stay together and we could host the wedding there as well. It would be a wedding for roughly 75 people. Are there any "out of the box" ideas anyone could share?

Thanks!!
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can look at B&Bs, state parks, arboretums, bontanical gardens, etc.  I can't be of more helps since I'm in Utah!

Maybe these ladies can help.  It's an Orange Co specific board.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county
  • jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We considered Forrester Mansion in San Juan Capistrano but chose another place before looking at it.  Our planner said it was a nice space.
  • edited December 2011
    yes Im having mine at a house in la Habra Heights and renting it out for the day super cheap we're having the ceremony and reception, the coordintaor there can help you with everythung... he's name is Alex this is his number 714-745-8211
    this is the place...
    they're not mistakes, just learning opportunities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards