California-Orange County

Mission Wedding

Hello all,
My fiance is catholic, and had an idea that he wanted to get married in a mission, maybe in Santa Barbara or in the area. We have a lot of guests (200-250). I've never heard of anyone getting married in a mission before and was wondering if anyone had that experience or heard of anyone who did. One thing I feel would happen is that we would have to hire everything from outside vendors.
Thanks!

Re: Mission Wedding

• edited December 2011
    I used to cater, and we did a wedding at the san juan capistrano mission, it was really pretty, not sure how much it came out to , but we were an outside vendor...so check that out i guess. that mission is beautiful
    *CowFish Kisses*
  • kap617kap617 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Mission in San Juan Capistrano this August.  

I'm not sure if the rules have changed since PP posted or not, but as it stands now, receptions are not allowed at the Mission, only ceremonies.  I'm not sure if this is the same for the Santa Barbara Mission?  It's a shame, too, because the grounds are so beautiful.  

They do events at the Mission (showers, parties..I think we might actually do our rehearsal dinner there), just not wedding receptions.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    San Fernando Mission about 10 miles from Burbank off the 405. Its really pretty there!! good luck! and also there is a mission park and church in Pomona that does wedding/receptions but its not a registered "California Mission" cant remember for the life of me what its called...check out the registered ones from the CA Parks website maybe???
  • Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    Have you considered Vibiana's in downtown LA? We offer special prices for our clients for this venue.  It's an old catholic church turned into ceremony and reception site.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards