California-Orange County

Skin Help

Hi Ladies!  So one of my most insecure areas is my skin.  I don't really have break-out anymore, but I feel like I have some sun spots, and larger pores, and it's dull. 

Are there any skin products that you cannot live without, or any recommendations to prepare for my wedding (May). 

Thanks!

Re: Skin Help

• jilly884jilly884 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love skin products by "fresh".  Good Luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I use St Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate. Olay as my moisturizer afterwards.
    Benefit cosmetics has this stuff called Pore-fessional. I use it under my makeup to hide pores around my nose & cheeks.

For my body, I make sure to exfoliate at least twice a week. And lotion every day.
  • edited December 2011
    It isn't your typical treatment but it is worth a try. A girl on my month board did it. She said she was super skeptical but figured, "What the heck." She said after a little bit people were telling her that her skin looked great and that she was "glowing." I actually plan on trying it myself.

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

• kmfloralkmfloral member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have very sensitive skin so I use clinque because it is light on my sensitive skin.
    They have a 7-day exfoliate scrub that is awesome!
    Kate
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!!
  • SpecialEyesSpecialEyes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    An Origins product called 'Brighter by Nature' might be able to help w/ the sun spots. I have been using it (not religously) and I have noticed a very slight change so far with regard to lightening the sun spots. It's a little pricey so I wouldn't recommend this for someone on a tight budget.

Here's a link to the product: http://www.origins.com/products/3872/Skincare/Skin-Concern/Reduce-Dark-Spots-Even-Skin-Tone/index.tmpl
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have the same skin issues that you have... these are kind of spendy options but I was happy with how they worked. Try the Smashbox counter at Nordstrom for makeup, they have a foundation primer that is super smooth and dreamy and keeps your make up from sinking into pores and imperfections, it also color corrects, they will match you with the right one. The specialty skin care section there at Nordstrom too has a 2 step light acid peel system that worked amazing on me, I can't remember the name, two little jars with pads in them. Or I also get Retin -A from the dermatologist, there are lots of different strengths now and that removes the layers of dead skin too. Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards