California-Orange County
Options

Help with Church

Hi Everyone,
My fiance and I are getting married September of this year. His family's Christian and we want to get married at the church that they frequent, but they won't marry us because we live together! Does anyone have any suggestions of other churches we can look into that won't frown upon us already living together? Thanks!

Re: Help with Church

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Let's think about this....they think people should be married if they live together, yet they won't marry you because you live together.  This is why religion drives me nuts.  Yes, I know some of you will be mad at me for saying that but I had to let it out.

First off, you could get married outside or at the reception venue which means you would hire a pastor, priest, etc.  If you want to get married inside a church look into Unitarian churches, Methodist, Wayfere's Chapel in PV will marry people living together I know and it is gorgeous!

GOOD LUCK!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ejaeger13ejaeger13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can look into Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church. . .

Officiant that is our personal pastor and great is Curtis Bronzan .. . . He is younger like 28 and is really fun.  He is doing our wedding

Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church
    11600 Los Alamitos Boulevard
    Los Alamitos  CA  90720
    562-493-2553

NO JUDGEMENT HERE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards