California-Orange County
Options

venue help in O.C....

Needing some help... we're looking to get married June 2, 2013 (a Sunday), but we're having a bit of trouble finding a good venue...unfortunately (kind of) we both have rather large families and will need something to accomodate roughly 300-400 people, but on a VERY small budget. (less than $3,000 for the ceremony/reception rental)

Any ideas/help is welcome! We're looking for something outdoors, preferrably reception and ceremony on the same site, no church.

Many Thanks in advance!

Re: venue help in O.C....

• Options
    Check out local universities. I am getting married at UCI. They have ballrooms in the student center that can hold a lot of people and the park is beautiful! I would have my ceremony outside in the park if I wasn't getting married in January! We got a great discount for being alumni.

I was talking to someone else that is getting married at CSF or CSLB (can't remember now) but they paid under $100 to join the alumni association and they were able to use the venue at a great price.

Regardless, it would be wise to check out unconventional areas to get married. If you are great at decorations (or someone in your family is) look at community centers. We looked at Fountain Valley community center and they were affordable, but they are also a completly blank canvas. Not to mention that you have to do set up and clean up. Look at libraries, community centers, senior centers, things like that.

Good luck!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_venue-help-in-oc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:873a584a-b303-49f3-aa6b-5283e00d386cPost:7a2cc286-9d47-4725-b610-3c6e0bb1c10f">venue help in O.C....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Needing some help... we're looking to get married June 2, 2013 (a Sunday), but we're having a bit of trouble finding a good venue...unfortunately (kind of) we both have rather large families and will need something to accomodate roughly 300-400 people, but on a VERY small budget. (less than $3,000 for the ceremony/reception rental) Any ideas/help is welcome! We're looking for something outdoors, preferrably reception and ceremony on the same site, no church. Many Thanks in advance!
    Posted by CLR+VCR[/QUOTE]

<div>Are you serious 300-400 people is A LOT OF PEOPLE.  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards