California-Orange County

Orange Hill - Frustration - Help!

Hi Ladies - Okay so has anybody had any experience with Orange Hill?  This may be a loaded post, so just bare with me! 

My fiance and I were kind of excited because we had, for the most part (still need to work out details), decided that we would get married at Santiago Oaks Park, and have our reception at Orange Hill (late May of next year).  Both places have meaning, so we thought it was perfect!  Orange Hill is a bit pricey, but we thought we'd be able to make it work, may be on the higher end of what we wanted to spend, but were willing to go with it, and excited!

However, I am having the most frustrating time with the director at Orange Hill.  I've spoke with her multiple times, my fiance and I have actually gone and talked to her, and every time it seems as though she has no clue who I am, and just doesn't seem to want to work with us.

It's really turning me off - what do you all think and does anybody have any experience with them?

Also - if anybody can give any suggestions of somewhere else I'd appreciate.  We're outdoorsy (love to hike) and low maintenance and would like our wedding to be a reflection of that.  So any suggestions would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

Re: Orange Hill - Frustration - Help!

• kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What about the OC Mining Company since that is right up the street? I know this is late notice, but I just got an email saying they are having a bridal show tonight (Wednesday, July 28th) from 5:30pm to 8pm. Admission is $7, and they'll have preferred vendors and sample entrees out. The website is www.orangecountyminingco.com.

• edited December 2011

Yes we've checked them out as well, and still a possibility (and a lot more affordable), however, Santiago Oaks, you have to be DONE at 5pm, and Orange County Mining Co does not allow events to start until 6pm because they like to double book (morning and evening) and need that time to clean up and set up.  So could leave an awkward in between time that we are trying to avoid.  But it is definitely a possibility!  And bummer!  I didn't see your post until this morning!!  Wish I would have gone!

• kasarinkasarin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The event is actually tonight, so you can still go. And I understand about the time gap. I went to a wedding that had an hour gap, and it really wasn't too bad. By the time everyone gets to their cars, drives over, parks, it'll be 6. And if you mention it on the invitation, they know to take their time getting to the reception.
  • edited December 2011
    I was going ot suggest the OC mining company as well! We really wanted to do a Dessert/Champagne Reception, no formal sit down, just sweets, treats and dancing! I Think I am going to go to that Bridal show tonight with my mom! I get off work at 5 so hopefully its not too much to get there from Tustin! =] I love the OC mining Co. view, and its just as beautiful, shoot its right under the Orange Hill!

Hope to see you tonight at the Bridal Show!
  • edited December 2011
    It is beautiful and the banquet room is nice too!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually doing the same thing.....I'm having our ceremony at Santiago Oaks and our reception at Orange Mining Co. I love both venues.....but I'm not going to lie....the director or the Mining Co sounds very similiar. She even once told me that I wasnt' booked for the day our even it supposed to take place. She was looking at the wrong month....but come on....you really help that many people that you ALWAYS seem to never remember who I am?!
    ~Birthmother to My little Liddybug 3/9/04~ ~Step-mom to Jack (6)~ BFP #1 1/4/11 Missed m/c at 8wks/1day 2/10/11 D&C 2/11/11 ~ BFP #2 10/4/11 *Stick baby, stick!*~ My BFP Chart. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you're still looking for a place, check out the Jones Victorian Estate. We got married there a little over a week ago and it was so amazing. It's all outside, absolutely beautiful, and in Orange not far from Orange Hill. And the coordinator, Michelle, was phenomenal to work with. The only thing that may not work for you is that the day has to end at 9pm (the estate is tucked away in a residential area, so there are restrictions on noise after that time)... but if you're planning on having your ceremony in the afternoon, definitely check them out!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards