California-Orange County

Newport Beach Ceremony?

Hi,

So I've been thinking about doing my ceremony on the beach in Newport near the Balboa Peninsula area. I am from the east coast though and haven't seen the area. 

I called the city and chairs aren't allowed, but she said I could have a few for the elderly. I'm having a really small wedding of 20 people max, and most of that is the wedding party who would be standing anyways in a wedding.

Has anyone seen weddings done on the beach here? Did they have any chairs? Do you think the beach will be too crowded at this time of year to have a wedding? Any advise is apreciated thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newport Beach Ceremony?

• Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
  • When are you planning on getting married? How folks are you inviting to your wedding?
    What you could (this is what I did) is rent a beach house for a week right on the sand!
    Have your actual ceremony in the patio area of the home and have your guests on the sands.
    you can set up chairs in the patio so your elderly family members can be up close to witness your nupitals. Hope this helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Newport Beach Ceremony?:
    I'm getting married 2014 and my budget is close to zero, which is why i chose newport beach. The beach doesn't get crowded unless its summer, pretty crowded every weekend. Its also a first come first serve for wedding, so as long as you find an open spot, you good to go, I'm sure youll get curious spectators but your photographer will work with you if you hire one, to get the best pix without all the public in the background ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards