California-Orange County

Locations for engagement photos?

Just wondering if anyone has good ideas for locations in OC, somewhere between Irvine and Mission Viejo preferably, to do an engagement photoshoot? We're doing wedding photos at the San Juan Mission, so not going to do there.  So far on our list is the Great Park (my dad works for one of the firms that's doing the engineering, so he can get us into otherwise blocked-off areas) though I'm not sure I'm fond of it. We also have a park around the corner from my house, downtown Laguna Beach (which so far I think is my personal fav but a lil unsure). Any other ideas? I'm blanking.

Re: Locations for engagement photos?

• GreenEyes005GreenEyes005 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beaches: CDM, if Laguna...try closer to the Montage because smaller beach and has some grassy areas that are constantly manicured, if Irvine try Woodbridge area near one of the Lakes...they have gazebos and people get married there too, I am not so sure about Lake Mission Viejo and the scenery. Are you looking for "classial" or more fun? If more fun, try Specturm...carousel, ferris wheel, and the fountains. That's all I can come up with for now.
  • wcasarwcasar member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just took my engagement photos at the beach by the Montage in Laguna Beach. We had some photos done on the bench at the top of the hill overlooking the ocean, some by the rock tunnel, some in the sand, and a couple in the water.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kimbo1781kimbo1781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thousands Steps Beach in Laguna, Irvine Reginal Railroad park
  • DeannaCWDeannaCW member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thousand Steps? Do you mean Strands? Either way... I have lupus, so climbing a lot of stairs may not be the best idea for me... I may have to look up the railroad park! FI's kind of  an overgrown eight year old, so trains are a definite plus for him :P

I like park places, with wilderness and such. I guess I'm just worried it'll look too manicured. Hence why my life is basically in Irvine, but no way no how are we doing anything for our wedding there, it's prettyish i guess but just so boring. Like plants the way they're meant to be, not the way people make them.  Spectrum's a pretty good idea though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards