California-Orange County
Options

Wedding Photographer in OC

We are in the process of selecting our photographer.  Just thought we'd get some help from the knot.  Please share any suggestions, experiences, etc.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you! Cool

Jason + Niki

Re: Wedding Photographer in OC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, just thought I'd direct you to an amazing and reasonable photographer in OC. I have had a few friends use him for wedding as well as family shoots and ALL have been extremely happy! Very honest, personable, and professional guy!

Here is his link:

Josh Elliott

Congrats and good luck finding a photographer! 

• Options
    mrslakermrslaker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.studiobenjaminjames.com/

tell him jemie sent you, he'll take great care of you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using Shoot Me Photography in Tustin. Brooke has been extremely helpful so far and we love their work. Our wedding isn't until August, so I dont have a review yet
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am gald you made this post as I am still up in the air on who to hire for the photos. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We loved our photos from Chris and Erinn Austin of White Haute Photography. They were so great to work with, my maid of honor just hired them for her own wedding this summer. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Shoot Me in Tustin also.  They've met with us several times and I feel like they have gotten to know our personalities and learn our photograph priorities, which for me was pretty important.  Brooke is extremely organized professional.  I was drawn to their non-traditional portraits and creative use of environment.  I want a picture of our bridal party, but I don't want it to look like my grandparents' photos of everyone in a line and these ladies' portfolio showed me they could accomplish the task.

Our wedding is in March, so I can't post examples or a full review.  We have our 
    pre-wedding/engagement session next Friday.

If you want a review after our session on Friday, let me know.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also using Chris and Erinn from White Haute Photography. Their work is amazing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    HB-Oh my gosh! You're the reason why I got my dress. I saw your pics on Chris' blog and knew I had to try it on! What a small world.

• Options
    jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Carly Daniel for our wedding last May and she did a wonderful job.  She shoots in photojournalistic style and no one even knew she was there.  Her web site is www.carlydaniel.com.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Check out SoCalSunshine Productions!  www.socalsunshine.com.   GL!

• Options
    steph196steph196 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Portray Life at www.portraylife.com. They are fantastic!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    She's Forever Ours! Finaliaztion-12.26.12Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hehasaplanforus.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.tenelevenphoto.com

Does an amazing job at capturing the emotion and candid photos!
  • Options
    ablythephotoablythephoto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have a FREE Destination Beach Wedding Giveaway going on at the company.... deadline for submissions are February 13th.... check out the blog at www.ablythephoto.com for more information....

If some of you bride's out there are on a budget... I'd love to hear your stories and submissions!

Sincerely,

Amanda Ratcliff [photographer for Amanda Blythe Photography]

email me anytime with any questions at info@amandablythephotography.com or my assistant Amy at amy@amandablythephotography.com

;o)

• Options
    kitsune143kitsune143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Katie Keller Photography.

Katie is really professional and works quickly. We had the best time with her for our engagement shoot (at Disneyland, where she had to deal with ppl walking all over the place and had to shoot photos quickly - but they turned out beautifully!!).

Bottom line: She is professional AND affordable. Love her!

http://katiekellerphotography.com

=)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! We are using Jim Kennedy Photographers out of HB. They are AMAZING. He has shot a few friends' weddings, and I was in a wedding that he shot last year, so I was able to see his work before we selected him. Here's a link to our engagement video: http://www.jimkennedyphotographers.com/movie/konrad/
    Enjoy, and Congrats!!

Tracie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to reccomend Beth from Nariko's Nest. I know she's from San Diego but she does travel and she's worth it. I booked her because she shot one of my friends weddings and they got married in OC. We just got our engagement photos back and loved them! Maybe I am a little over excited...good luck anyway.
  • Options
    briderenee2briderenee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Gamboa Photography, their prices are  great, the pictures are awesome and we just loved our meetings with them.

http://www.gamboaphoto.com
    http://gamboaphotography.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards