California-Orange County

Heisler Park - Laguna Beach

We woud love to have a ceremony at this beautiful park,  but does anyone know if we can get married on the beach - not in the gazebo or on the edge of a cliff?  I would love to see pics if anyone has them (planning from Michigan)!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Heisler Park - Laguna Beach

• suenjim11suenjim11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure about Laguna, that area can get really crowded. We were thinking about a beach wedding and we looked at the Monarch Bay Club, http://www.stregismb.com/
    they have a little reception area and outdoor grass ceremony area right on the beach.
    Not too far from Laguna.
    Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Heisler Park is beautiful, but you have to walk down a somewhat steep pathway to get down to the beach - that may not work for some guests.  I did a photo shoot out there on December 10th - you can look at some picks on my blog via the website NewportLightPhotography.com  Also, the one scenic of Laguna Beach was taken at Heisler!
    NewportLightPhotography.com
  • jenbatjenbat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What time of year are you planning your wedding?  Our beaches are foggy in May/June.  

That is a beautiful area, but it get's very crowded in the summer.  There is beach below the park, but the it is somewhat small and rocky.  Depending on the number of guests, it might be better in the park.  There is also a gazebo at the south end of the park with restrictions on the number of people who can attend.  Check with the city regarding permits etc.

My suggestion would be a 10am wedding.  There are a lot of metered parking spaces right there, so if you have guests get in early (maybe even serve coffee so they can get there early and relax) parking could be relatively easy.  FYI - in the morning, you'll run into scuba divers who go really early and leave around 9 or 10am.
  • sonjalundahlsonjalundahl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting married in the gazebo at Heisler park in September 2011. You have to get a permit for $220 and can only have 50 guests. They don't allow any chairs, though, and you can only fit 10 people on the benches inside the gazebo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards