California-Orange County
Options

Picking Bridesmaid Dresses

Hi Girls - I'm thinking about just picking a material and having all the girls get their dresses made.  I'm having 5 girls and all have different shapes.  I'd like them all to feel comfortable and pretty, and get affordable dresses and this seems like an easy solution.  What are your thoughts?  And does anybody have any seamstress suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Picking Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    MrsTucker2011MrsTucker2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on the seamstress/tailor, it may come to the same price as buying a whole dress. Look into how expensive the material is, and how many yards you will need. Also keep in mind you might need boning, tulle, zippers, buttons, ribbons, etc depending on the dress. Those add up... HTH
    Anniversary An engaged woman is always more agreeable than a disengaged. She is satisfied with herself. Her cares are over, and she feels that she may exert all her powers of pleasing without suspicion. All is safe with a lady engaged; no harm can be done. ~Jane Austen BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wfishiewfishie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend did that for her wedding in OC because the bridesmaids were coming from all over the country. Her wedding coordinator found the seamstress and she did a fairly good job on fitting the correct style for the bridesmaid, but unfortuntely I don't know the name of the lady who they used. 

I'm sure you can find one in the LA area that isn't going to be super expensive, I remember the bridesmaids paying under $100 for their dress total (including fabric, ribbons, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards