California-Orange County
Options

Work Out to Trim Down

I have been bitten by the motivation bug it fit into a size 6-8 Dress I am currently a size 12. I really want to trim down for this by my Nov Wedding. I was wondering if anyone was looking for a work out buddy or knew of a low cost gym to go to. Thank you in advance for any help/advise.

Re: Work Out to Trim Down

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This sounds cheesy, but... costco has a great deal on 24 hour fitness memberships.  It's a chunky cost upfront, but it's a 1, 2 or 3 year membership (I can't remember which - I think it was 2).  My dad got me this a few years back and my annual renewal is really low.

When I was dedicated to going to classes, I lost consistently.

What city area are you in? 
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options
    Korine_crazeKorine_craze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in Placentia currently, I will be moving to Anaheim soon (month or so).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would totally join you - I need the motivation too! - except I am no where even remotely close to you.  I'm as far south in OC as you can get.  Just blocks from Pendelton.
    TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Options
    Korine_crazeKorine_craze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bummer!!!

BTW I totally love your name. My dad called me Space Cadet all through-out child hood. lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i'm in newport, if you're local. I need any motivation i can get. I feel lazy since the time change.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm further south than that - about four city blocks from Camp Pendleton - in San Clemente.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the costco membership is 299 for 2 year membership that comes to 12.50 a month that rocks

I personally and in my same boat a total slim down, i am plus sized and which I could just go on the biggest loser but I need to be realistic.

I got a wii to work out and some fun tapes and what not, today I just picked up a bollywood tape i think it will be fun and cannot wait to try it out

also my cousin does alot of hoolahooping dance stuff it gives a great work out for your core

just some fun thoughts to try
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can totally do it!  there are a few tapes I really like that I am using right now.  They DO work.  they helped me go from a size 13 to a size 5/6 in less than a year for a Florida trip 5 years ago.  No diet just cut back soda tried to eat healthy and portion control I also worked out 6 days a week even if it was just for 15 minutes.
    Here are the list of dvds that DO work! (Atleast for me)

Leslie Sanson - Walk away the pounds (find them at wal mart, target, borders or at walkawaythepounds.com)

Chalene Johnson - turbo jams (beachbody.com)

Debbie Siebers - slim in 6 <--- my most favorite. it will perform wonders if you stick to it! (also beachbody.com)

sorry I couldn't help with a gym buddy but if you do decide to use those or any other at home work out system let me know and i'll be your online support =]
    Anniversary
  • Options
    phntmofthoprphntmofthopr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I live in Fullerton if you want to work out together. I don't belong to a gym but there is a gym at my apartment complex if you want to go. Or on the nights my fiance works (@ 24 hr fitness) I can meet you at the Yorba Linda gym and work out with you there. I need a bride workout buddy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi girls!

I was looking for some motivation myself but I thought of taking the whole "changing your lifestyle" approach rather than setting a goal for the wedding. I joined myfitnesspal.com (completely free). When you register, you put in your current weight and height and it will develop a caloric program depending on how many lbs you wish to lose per week (1lb/week is recommended). So I login my food intake + exercise and at the end of the day, it gives me a little blurb about how much I would weigh in 5 weeks if I continue to eat as I had on that particular day.

The forums there are loaded with TRULY inspirational stories and tips/tricks for overcoming the dreaded plateau.

I'm in to lose 15lbs but feel ridiculous next to the women who have already lost 50lbs and still have another 50lbs to go! Give it a shot if it sounds like something you might be into. They have "support" groups online as well as nutritionists who visit the forums daily and answer any questions you may have.

Whatever you choose to do - good luck and stick with it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards