California-Orange County
Options

Hair and Makeup Prices

I'm in a wedding, and the bride has found a hair stylest team to come to us for the day of... though we're all paying for our own hair on our own.

I don't usually get my hair done (honestly this would be my first time), but is starting at $75 (not including tip) for a basic do (not an updo--that would be more, we're just talking curls) reasonable? The wedding is in Newport/Costa Mesa.

I would like to go out on my own and find something a bit more reasonable, but I'm afraid that the bride hasn't left much time in her timeline for much of anything. I just wanted to know if the price was way out there or it is just a "this is really what it does cost" for a girl that doesn't normally do these things.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Hair and Makeup Prices

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In the past weddings I have been in the cost has been $150 for hair and make-up. For most of the weddings I was in, it was paid for by the bride. I am planning to cover the expense for my bridal party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have to pay for your own hair and makeup I would say doing it yourself is a valid option if needed.  I think most hair dressers will charge more than $75 but I bet you could find somthing close to that price and maybe you could do your own makeup????
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cloverdryadcloverdryad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The chick I'm having do my hair and my bridesmaids etc is charging $85 for them, which includes hair and makeup.  My charge is a bit more but that's to be expected, and I had a trial run with her and she did a great job.  There was also another chick that I found online thats local and has a lot of recommendations that was near the same price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_hair-makeup-prices?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:c9ac9e06-8ef4-4a55-999f-0096d0d1388dPost:f1f00b4c-41ab-44ea-9195-8b545e1eaed1">Re: Hair and Makeup Prices</a>:
    [QUOTE]The chick I'm having do my hair and my bridesmaids etc is charging $85 for them, which includes hair and makeup.  My charge is a bit more but that's to be expected, and I had a trial run with her and she did a great job.  There was also another chick that I found online thats local and has a lot of recommendations that was near the same price.
    Posted by cloverdryad[/QUOTE]

Do you have contact info for them? I need someone for my wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards