California-Orange County

marriage license in OC

Has anyone already applied for the marriage license?  If so, how was the process?  I looked at the county recorder's website, and it doesn't say much other than 1) file an app online or 2) go in person.  It seems too simple. haha. 
~Rita

Re: marriage license in OC

• lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend said it was really easy.  She just went in person with her FI and some ID and they swore them in or something.  You have to mail in the paperwork later or give it to the officiant to do.
  • edited December 2011
    It is really simple. you just go to the Old County Courthouse in Santa Ana, fill out an application on computers that they have in the lobby, write your name on a wait list, and wait to be called. Once they call you, you meet with a clerk, swear that you are able to be married or something like that, pay the fee, and that is it. We went on a Friday afternoon (which they say is their busiest day) and we only had to wait about 20 minutes. It was really fun actually, there are lots of random people getting married while you are there. 
  • ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! I always hear horror stories of how much of a nightmare getting your license can be- especially for LA county! Glad it's much easier and faster!!  
    ~Rita
  • MissMexMissMex member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_marriage-license-oc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:63Discussion:d9240dd6-2581-4ec7-8b4b-5ad31036638fPost:6c0cd7f9-01e3-45d1-b9b2-4d9869cc2ac5">Re: marriage license in OC</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is really simple. you just go to the Old County Courthouse in Santa Ana, fill out an application on computers that they have in the lobby, write your name on a wait list, and wait to be called. Once they call you, you meet with a clerk, swear that you are able to be married or something like that, pay the fee, and that is it. We went on a Friday afternoon (which they say is their busiest day) and we only had to wait about 20 minutes. It was really fun actually, there are lots of random people getting married while you are there. 
    Posted by HBHoneymooners[/QUOTE]

exactly this, its super easy, but you can also go to the other locations listed on the webpage, nit just Santa Ana. REmember to bring quarters if you use santa ana.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

• rr2010rr2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was really simple! We just got ours last week!  You can apply online through the county clerk's website and fill out the forms that way.  Then you make an appointment, and then go to the site in Laguna Hills or Santa Ana.  Once there, you pay the fee and the give you your marriage license.  Bring it with you on the day of your wedding, and you send it back in to them after the wedding. Super simple! I recommend the Laguna Hills location. We had no wait at all!
  • edited December 2011
    It was that easy! We made an appointment online, filled out the paperwork, paid and voila! We went to the newer office in Fullerton. There was no one there on a weekday afternoon. Just remember to bring cash, they didn't take credit cards.
  • ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the help!! I completed the online app...now it's just time to go in! :) i'm excited that this is so stress-free :D
    ~Rita
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards