California-Orange County

Affordable Reception Venue for 400 people??

Hi!

First post here :) Finally engaged after 5 years of being together :)

We're having a tradtional indian wedding at a temple, but we're looking for a place to hold the reception. Our wedding isnt until Nov/Dec of 2011 so we have some time, but i'd like to book the place as soon as possible.

Does anyone have any ideas of an affordable banquet hall/hotel/reception venue in the Orange County / South LA area that has a capacity of a maximum of 400 people? Because we are having an indian wedding, i need a place that can allow for outside catering or the place has a reasonably priced caterer that can do indian food. I dont know anything about wedding packages, but dont think i need one because our dinner will consist of appetizers during the cocktail hour, and a buffet style dinner during the reception.

I've looked at some places (Richard Nixon, Pacific Hills) but i want to explore some others. I'm open to hotels, but i'm trying to avoid that because generally their banquet halls arent very nice looking (i like places that are already decorated such as chandeliers, pillars, things like that) If anyone has any specific hotels i should take a look at, thatd be awesome!!

I've searched this board for months now and have snagged such great ideas... i'm hoping i can snag a good reception venue too! :)

Thank you!!!

Re: Affordable Reception Venue for 400 people??

• edited December 2011
    Hi,
    my indian co-worker had a beautiful wedding reception at the millennium biltmore hotel in los angeles. she also had about 400+ guests.
    good luck.!
  • edited December 2011
    You may want to look into some hotels....they may allow outside food because you want Indian food...so just ask.  I have been to huge weddings at the Renaissance Hotel Long Beach, the Balboa Bay Club Newpot, and Castaways way up in the Valley.  Good Luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards