California-Orange County

inexpensive cake options

Good afternoon. I am looking for a 3 tiered cake that doesn't cost me $8 a slice! I am not serving everyone this cake, just my fiancee and I for pics.....but I have been to several locations, one who said she wouldn't make me a cake if i got costco sheet cakes....not happy!!! I want simple and pretty and square and 3 tiers...any ideas?

Re: inexpensive cake options

• edited December 2011
    we're getting ours from black forest bakery. it was $370 for a 3 tier square cake. its white buttercream icing with black ribbon around each tier and clusters of fresh flowers our florist is doing. we had to supply the ribbon. it equals like $6/slice. we'll have extra, but i wanted a square cake, and square tiers feed more than round, so to get a 3 tier square cake is more expensive than a 3 tier round
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DJ-CraigDJ-Craig member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Once one of my brides had a 3 tier cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory for her wedding. Don't know what it costs (doubt it was 8 bucks a slice) and it sure was good!

• edited December 2011
    In my search for a reasonable wedding cake the two names that kept popping up were SusieCakes, and FIlligree Cakes. Everyone I talked to raved about taste and said they were reasonable.

Also if you aren't dead set on a cake, cupcake stands can be a fantastic way to save some money and they still look beautiful! Plus having multple flavors for the guests is a big plus - I ended up going this route and am very excited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards