California-Orange County

Affordable OC Venue for 100 Guests

Can anyone recommend an affordable outdoor venue in OC for a small wedding (under 100). Fell in love with The Summit in Fullerton, but they have a 14k min. food charge, which seems excessive for such a small guest list.

We are on a very tight budget and need to keep the cost for the reception (food, drinks, rental, cake cutting) under 8k.  I've been looking for weeks and would love any suggestions!  I'm new to the area and wondering if this budget is unrealistic for OC?

Re: Affordable OC Venue for 100 Guests

• megaddiemegaddie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were, when we eventually start everything going, thinking of two places--the Oak Canyon Nature Center...search the name and weddings, and you will come up with some gorgeous weddings:)  The problem is that you have to do a lot of rental stuff and Anaheim is far away for me since I am from very very South OC:)  THe other place we like is Heritage Hills Historic Park in Lake Forest.  Very causual and picnic-y. You can use their picnic benches and they already have a tent up.  Not too many pics of weddings there, but if you google "Marci and Redge wedding" one shows that is lovely:)  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing my wedding at santiago oaks regional park...100 people and we ran a total expenses spread sheet this past weekend,(getting married  oct 15) and our total cost is under 10k, with alcohol and full service catering, pretty good i say!
    *CowFish Kisses*
  • edited December 2011
    This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you both for the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    Try Los Coyotes Country Club and Muckenthaler Mansion. Those were my 2 contenders before I settled with Los Coyotes. The Muck has a 20% off promo for weddings up til April 2012, and Los coyotes has a very low min (3500) for Friday/Sunday weddings. Hope that helps if you haven't found a place already :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards