Colorado
Options

Budget questions - officiant and DJ

I STILL have not finished my budget and am in desperate need of help! What should I budget for an officiant in Denver? We do not go to a church here regularly, so will probably need a standard wedding officiant.  I am also wondering what a typical DJ would cost in Denver? We need to rent sound equipment as well.  Any suggestions you have on what company to use would be great too!

Thanks ladies!

Re: Budget questions - officiant and DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked through Lysabeth's Ministries for our officiant since we had heard good tings from friends about them. For our basic ceremony it's going to be about $250, but they give the option of upgrading your package if you want to do something like a sand ceremony. When we looked at other places, I think they all seemed to fall between $250-400 or so.

For DJ's I'm still getting quotes for our wedding, but I can tell you what I've been quoted so far! Most of them have said between $400-$600 for 4 hrs of just basic music for the reception (they'll bring their own equipment). If you want lights and other things most places told me they'd charge an extra $200 or more depending on what we want. Also, if you need music for the ceremony, I've had several DJs tell me that there's an extra charge for that, and so far I've been told between $100-$150 for them to do our ceremony.

I hope that helps!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our officiant is amazing! He's going to make out wedding the exact way we want http://josephpleeweddings.webs.com $200 for no rehercal or $250 with one and you can do whatever you want in the ceremony, no charges for sand or candles, which doesn't make sense since they aren't doing much more than a little more talking
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards