Colorado

venues for smaller weddings?

I was wondering what venues people have chosen for their smaller weddings.  I'm having an insanely hard time getting people to reply promptly.  (I think only a quarter of them have called or emailed me back at all.)  I've been at it so long a lot of places are booked and it's quite frustrating.

Re: venues for smaller weddings?

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how small are you talking?  We had 40 people at our wedding last year which was held at Devils Thumb Ranch up in Winter Park.  They have a beautiful private room that is all windows with amazing views of the continential divide and the room holds up to 40 people but would be much more cozy with 20-30 guests.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • littleteacuplittleteacup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds lovely.  However, by smaller I meant more like 60 and under.  I'm afraid our families will have too many people to invite to quite manage something that intimate.  (Although that would be wonderful.)
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm, what about Chief Hosa Lodge or Boetcher Mansion (both are in the foothills) :)  Good Luck!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    For smaller weddings, I always recommend art galleries.  As an event planner, I find them to be some of the best, unique vendues.  Here are a couple you may want to consider:

Foothills Art Center (Golden)
    Translations (downtown)
    Artwork Network (Santa Fe art district)
    9th Ave Arts (Santa Fe art district)

Also, the D&F clocktower on 16th Street Mall is a perfect spot for smaller events - and really unique too!
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where in Colorado you are interested in but there is a really cute place in LaPorte CO just north of Ft. Collins call the The Tapestry House.  They may peak your interests.  It is beautiful for a small wedding and should your numbers change they can hold up to 200 I think.  www.tapestryhouse.com check it out. =D
  • edited December 2011
    The Tapestry House is awesome for smaller weddings. They do weddings on a regular basis, so they are very good at handling all aspects... unlike venues that do only a few weddings a year. I've photographed two weddings here. Both in the 30 to 60 guest range, and the venue seemed perfect size. 
  • ak_jessicaak_jessica member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we almost booked the Garden Room in Loveland. a bit pricey but very cool!  Not sure where you are at? We ended up booking the Fort Collins Senior Center. Sounds lame, but very nice facility with stage, drop down screen for streaming wedding video (we are getting married in Kona, then reception in F.Collins) also nice patio and gardens out the back for photographs. very cheap, only like $450, plus your own caterer and use of their bartender, think that is $150.
  • edited December 2011
    What part of the State?  If you aren't opposed to Colorado Springs, check out The Lodge at Cathedral Pines (www.cathedralpines.biz)....
  • edited December 2011
    I second Boettcher Manison and D&F Clocktower.  I had 68 at my wedding last May and Boettcher Mansion was perfect.  I liked D&F Clocktower, but it was too modern for what I wanted.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards