Colorado
Options

Beyond discouraged! Denver venue help needed!

This is supposed to be one of the happiest times, but I am beyond discouraged. I feel like I have exhausted my resources with The Knot and WeddingSitesandServices, not to mention all the additional venue searching I have done. Everything is sooo expensive! I am looking for a venue for both the ceremony and reception in the Denver Metro area. Foothills would be fine as well. We will have between 125 and 150 guests with a budget of between $7,000-7,500. I really want a packaged deal - facility rental fee, catering, table, linens, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Beyond discouraged! Denver venue help needed!

• Options
    amyjo2694amyjo2694 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which days are you considering? Which month? Saturdays are the most expensive. Time of year also makes a difference. I went to a friend's wedding on a Sunday in February at Mile High Station in Denver. She got a great deal! Maybe consider doing something like that. Or consider having the ceremony outdoors in a park, and the reception somewhere like a community center or rec center. Hope this helps. I am having about 150 guests and I had a hard time finding somewhere that would fit everyone in one space. We have decided on the Hudson Gardens. It isn't all inclusive however.
  • Options
    bethanncarrbethanncarr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are pretty flexible in terms of dates - April or May 2012 on a Friday or Saturday as I know Fridays can be less expensive. Because of the time of year and the uncertainty of the weather, we are looking for an indoor venue. I will check out Mile High Station. Thanks!!
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out places like Crystal Rose or The Pines at Genessee? I know we originally looked at those places, and they had package deals for around 5k, both indoor and outdoor options :) There's several other places up there too :)
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    jessharjesshar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing my reception at Saddle Rock golf course and I am literally paying for 50 guests about $350 for food and drinks. They are just doing my reception but I'm pretty sure they can do ceremony too. :) Just a thought.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i had the same problem when looking for locations and i found that changing the date of the wedding to be between mon-thur lowered the cost of the venues over $1,000 on average on every venue i was looking at! =) I know it might seem better to have it on a friday or sat because of peoples work sheduals etc, but its your wedding day and people should be able to take a day off to be with you and celebrate. also setting the time of the wedding to be in the evening after work can help with that. =) i really love Stone Mountian Lodge and Cabins in lyons CO. I hope this helps. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear-- I was feeling the same way. It isn't all inclusive, but have you checked out the Denver Parks and Rec page? The Washington Park boathouse is being renovated and you can book it for around $600-- that might be really nice. I'm getting married at the Grant-Humprhey's mansion, which also insn't all-inclusive, but they had some pretty good rental fees for any day other than Sat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Christies of genesee is virtually all inclusive, gorgeous inside, and has amazing food at $34 or less per person plus a modest site fee. Only minus is that it's next to a strip mall, but once you go inside you're transported and it's amazing.
  • Options
    I second Christies of genesee, amazing place
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards