Colorado

Desperately Seeking Wedding Home for 75

We are looking in the mtns (Breck, Keystone, Estes, Silverthorne, etc) we want a house that sleeps over 15 people where we can have a reception and ceremony at the house. Does anyone know of a place like this? Been all over vrbo.com but haven't had much luck yet. Thanks!

Re: Desperately Seeking Wedding Home for 75

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at Little elk meadow lodge and we are having about 75 people. They have 4 rooms and also other places for people to sleep if that isn't enough. and it's only $500 for the whole night. and its 5 miles away from Estes Park! http://www.littleelkmeadowslodge.com/  or I know of a place that plans Breck weddings http://www.SummitMountainWeddings.com
    http://www.BreckWeddings.com
    maybe they have a suggestion of a place for you!
  • edited December 2011
    Don't give up those houses exist.   I know, because I shot a wedding at one.

Here's the deal, for those in the same boat.  During the summer months you may find it much easier to find a vacancy than during the ski season.  If you're going to have a wedding during the ski season you'll want to book a home that sleeps 15 + as much in advance as possible.

You were given a link to Summit County Weddings, just above.  That is a very good resource for lodging in that area.  Give those lodging sources a call.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you tried searching on www.homeaway.com ?

They list vacation rentals on their site, and you can search by location.  I have used this site once in the past, to book a trip to Lake of the Ozarks, but perhaps they have some nice mountain homes for Estes or the areas you're looking at?

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

Sorry--double post!

• Mtngirl320Mtngirl320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding?  My house may be available in Breck, as well as the house across the street from me.  We both do VRBOs, and could sleep probably more than 16 between the two....
  • lindskohlweylindskohlwey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are looking for a place we can hold a large reception so most VRBOs we are finding can't help because they can't have that many people there. Thanks for offering! BTW do you have a VRBO # in case we just want to rent sometime not for the wedding? Thanks!
  • Mtngirl320Mtngirl320 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on when your wedding is:  YES....we can handle up to 75 people for your reception!!!  We are, in fact,  planning to do the same thing at our house next September for OUR wedding!   We have a huge deck and huge 3.5 brand new (read:  clean!!  NICE!!) garage that will accommodate all your guests plus a dance floor, tables, and band/DJ.  I will have it draped in frabric, plants and uplights for our reception.  Beautiful back yard/front yard  with view of the mountains for the ceremony, and views from the reception site, too.  Tons of parking. I can offer this to you IF your wedding date works for our schedule.  So....if you're interested, post back ASAP WITH YOUR DATE.  Our VRBO # is 377235 so you can see pictures.  But, the garage is so new (meaning: completed just 3 weeks ago!) that photos of it are not on there.  However, I have lots of my own.  Contact me for personal email info/photos.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards