Colorado

When do you send out Save the Dates?

We just set the date for september so when is the best time to send out Save The Date cards?

Thanks

Re: When do you send out Save the Dates?

• edited December 2011
    Probably about 6 mos if not a bit less in advance.  Our wedding is in July, and some family have them now, some will get them at the beginning of January. (we're trying to get through the Christmas cruddola first.)  Invites for us, will go out in March w/ an RSVP due 1st of June.
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out about 6 months ahead of time.  If you are getting married on a holiday weekend (labor day) you might consider sending them out a bit earlier.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent ours out at like 8 months out but our date is June 23, so it will run alot of people into the holidays. Also we knew it would give most of our family and friends a better chance of saving money, since they are from all over the world. It also served us with a little bit of a headcount so that we knew what we needed to start saving.
    It really all depends most timelines will say between 6-8 months. Invitations are like 3-4 months but mine are going out mid January.
    June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• edited December 2011
    Great thanks. Our wedding is sept 10. But we have a lot of hunters in the family and thats hunting season so I may send them out in feb/mar. So the hunters can stay in town that day.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is September 10 as well and I send my save the date cards. However, I have a lot of out of town people so I needed to. I will send invitation about 5-6 months out. You must also be getting married on 09/10/11? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards