Colorado
Options

Vendor Reviews: Colorado Springs Wedding

Hey everyone! I just got married a couple of weeks ago, and would like to provide you with some feedback of my vendors.

Ceremony: Garden of Gods (A+). FREE. What else can I say...it was perfect, beautiful and didn't cost a dime. Just be sure to put in your "reservation" with Parks and Recreation by the first of the New Year (or as soon as possible).

Reception: The Sunbird Restaurant (A). We reserved a room with picturesque windows of the city and mountains. It was gorgeous. The manager worked well with us and responded promptly. Just be sure to ask what is approved for decorations. No outside caterers. The price was awesome considering how much some vendors charge per head. We went with the Brunch option (since I had a morning wedding) and the food was incredible. Highly recommend the following items: chicken satay in pineapple sauce, seafood stuffed mushrooms, chicken chardonnay and stuffed pork loin. The food just melted in your mouth...very tender.

Photographer: Rene Tate (A+). Rene is absolutely amazing in every way. Please take a look at her work at renetate.com. Her prices have gone up since I booked her in 2009, but I truly believe that she is worth every penny. You get engagement pics (in which Rene traveled from the Springs to KC to take our pictures at no additional cost), get full coverage on wedding day and two photographers (Rene and her assistant Jesie). I cannot recommend anyone better for a photographer.

Cake: Creative Cakes by Carol (A+). AMAZING cakes. She is the sweetest lady too. The cake was what I expected and much more. DELICIOUS. Lots of raves from my guests.

Florist: Plum Sage Flowers (B+). I really liked Erin and love her work. She did a beautiful job at my wedding. However, feedback was kind of slow, and she was not willing to work with a military discount, etc. Although our centerpieces turned out lovely, the final design was a bit different than what we had talked about, which only a BRIDE would notice such things...lol. But she did stick to our budget pretty closely. She does charge you travel time/mileage, setup and you have to return borrowed items. This can pose a problem for those on a budget as she works out of Denver.

Makeup: A Beautiful Wedding (A). Tiffany did a beautiful job on my makeup. I am kind of anal about my makeup, but she was willing to work with me..detail by detail. I LOVED the final product. The price was $105 for her to come to me at the hotel to do my makeup...which is an AMAZING price.

Linens: Bridal Elegance (C). Although final product was what I imagined, Terry was really difficult to work with. Slow feedback, couldn't remember my order and what I had deposited, forgot who I was as the Bride, a bit rude,  and a few more things. I am thankful that I had the BEST wedding coordinator to help me straighten things out and relieve the stress. The price was really good though!

Day-of Wedding Coordinator: Something Classic Events (A+). Danielle Odil is PERFECT. Her prices are VERY budget-friendly. Danielle had everything together so well. She relieved so much stress that accrues from planning a weddingl. Very responsive. Offers great recommendations for vendors. Has great ideas for those little details that nag us brides to death. At my rehearsal dinner, I forgot to get my ring cleaned and didn't want to leave my guests, so I called her just to see if she could help me out. Danielle took charge, called a local jewelry store for their hours, came to the restaurant and took the ring from me, got it cleaned and gave to me the next morning!!! I love her...lol.

Gown Cleaning: Summit Cleaners (A). Very budget-friendly and was quick about getting it cleaned. Had my dress back the very next day.

DJ: Premier Music (A). Steve Ehrhardt was wonderful. Very helpful. Very budget-friendly. He had the entire room on the dance floor for 2 over hours. It was so cool. Highly recommend.

My officiant, ceremony musician and paper products were all done by family friends.

Hope this feedback helps! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a message.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards