Colorado

Vendor Reviews

Music: A Music Plus, Jeremy: A+ I would highly recommend this DJ. He did a fabulous job and had a ton of people dancing at our noon wedding. He also offered to get myself, the groom and wedding party/parents drinks, etc. He checked in with my dad and the groom's mom for when their dance would be as well as the MOH/BM about their speeches. We couldn't have asked for a nicer guy with more professionalism.

Food/Bartender: Jubilations Catering: A. I would also recommend this company. The staff was so accommodating to myself, the groom and our wedding party, constantly making sure we had everything we needed. They forgot to light the candles at the reception but once we reminded them they did so right away. The food tasted incredible and they even packaged the leftovers for us!

Cake: Cakes by Karen, F. If there was an F minus, she would get that. She tried her best to make a cake that looked like the exact picture of what we wanted but it was a disaster. Check out my bio for comparison pics.

Venue: Bertolin Barn, Longmont. C. This is a tough one to grade because the venue itself is gorgeous, relaxed, rustic-exactly what we wanted. However, the owner has issues. She promised to set up the tables before we got there to set up. It wasn't done. She promised to clean both bathrooms after we saw how filthy they were and asked for cleaning supplies. She did NOT and the bathrooms were FILTHY for our wedding day. She did a walk through after my family cleaned up/removed trash and said everything looked great. The next morning at 6am she called my mom to tell her we left trash there. She paced around the barn the entire wedding day with a friend and a beer in hand which I thought was very unprofessional. Then after we got our deposit back, we left on our honeymoon. I got two voicemails and an e-mail about the check she gave us. Thank god when we got home we cashed it no problem! What a headache.

Limo: Sunset Limo, A. The drivers were great, on time, and professional.

Officiant: Jeff Robinson, A+. We love him and he did a wonderful job of making our ceremony exactly what we wanted.

Photographer: Scott Cejka, A. We love what he did with our engagement pictures. We can't wait to see the wedding ones. He was great the day of the wedding and we think he didn't miss a single thing!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Hi there- Hope all went well.  Would love to see pictures.  It sounds like you had a similar experience as us with the venue.....  I agree it was beautiful and so rustic, yet unprofessional in many aspects.  We are still trying to get our deposit back after the court awarded judgement in our favor.  Oh well- live and learn!  It has already been an 8 month process! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards