Colorado

Officiant in Grand Junction Area

I am looking for an officiant in the Grand Junction area. My fiance and I do not belong to a church here so we don't even really know where to begin in finding one. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!!! Thank you!

Re: Officiant in Grand Junction Area

• edited December 2011
    Are you looking to do a religious or non religious ceremony?  If not looking to do religious, then check with the courthouse.  I know here in Garfield County (I'm in Rifle, but as you  may kno, Garfiled Co. extends out past Glenwood springs..) the JOP has gone to locations, as well as holding ceremonies in his courtroom.  He's even done a thing where he sent the wedding liscence around to everybody in the room to sign as witnesses..LOL!  But that's just an example.  I'd start there.  I also think, and please don't quote me on it, but rather check up on it, I've read where you can have a friend do the ceremony - w/o being a minister or JOP, and it's considered legal!  Not sure about you, but that maybe worth checking into.  And if you're looking to do religious, even though you don't belong to a specific church, call those churches anyway... you may be pleasantly surprised!  Also Talk with David's they may know more than just wedding gowns... They recommended a photographer to us.. and he turned out to be one of the sweetest (although I'm not sure cheapest) people we've met.  (reminded me of family!)  Happy planning!Smile
  • princessyetzprincessyetz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you know that in Colorado you don't need an officiant to make your marriage legal?!  You can ask a trusted friend or even just say your vows to each other in front of your guests.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards