Colorado

Lower Lake Ranch?

Has anyone worked with Lower Lake Ranch as a wedding venue? My fiancé and I are looking at a May 2012 wedding and this is one of the venues we are considering (taking a tour soon). It's gotten hit-and-miss reviews as far as I can tell, and I was wondering about any of your experiences with them.

Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Lower Lake Ranch?

• edited December 2011
    I looked into Lower Lake Ranch too and was working on scheduling a tour.
    The very first coorespondance I had was through email, which is easier for me and they refused to work with me through email. So we tried doing phone tag for a while and then I read the hit and miss reviews and decided that I didnt want a stranger yelling at the DJ during my wedding :)
    Their venue is beautiful though! I fell in love with the pictures I found. 
    But we found another venue that works better for us and our budget. 

• edited December 2011
    I actually scheduled the tour (over the phone), but then read more reviews and found out other bad news about it, so we decided on another venue as well.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got married there in June and had only one problem. When it came time for the final payment they had it $1000 more than we actually owed, but went over our payments with them and they had just missed inputting one of the payments that we had made. So if you book with them just keep a running ledger of the payments you make to them. Other than that everything was amazing, food was excellent, views are amazing, they were really nice and as far as I know there was no yelling at my dj or anyone else. I worked through email with them on just about everything but I do know that sometimes they have issues with it because they are on satelitte internet. If you can stay organized and on top of your financials I would recommend it highly.
  • CynthiaMaweCynthiaMawe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am actually looking into this venue as well! If you have any correspondence with them could you please let me know how your experience goes with them? Vice versa on my end as well. I will be calling them to schedule a tour this week, so if you think I shouldn't, I would love the headsup! Thank you! Hope your wedding planning is going well.

- Cheers!
  • edited December 2011
    I just toured there today.  Had no problems getting ahold of anyone.  Venue is beautiful and the owners are very down to earth.  It is one of my top choices!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards