Priest for civil ceremony?? Boulder area

Hi! I am catholic and my fiance is well.. nothing, agnostic he says.
I was told that a priest can do a civil ceremony (I am not from the states so I am not quite familiar with how all that works with our religions being different).... If so, does someone know a good priest that could perform the ceremony?? How do I look for them? Sorry to ask this but I am lost!

Re: Priest for civil ceremony?? Boulder area

  • edited December 2011
    Maybe you could call some of the Catholic churches in your area, explain the situation, and ask if they would be willing to perform the service in a nondenominational manner, assuming that doesn't offend anyone involved. Otherwise there are places such as who have ministers on staff who will provide civil weddings.

    It isn't much but I hope it helps?
  • edited December 2011
    As CClemmer stated, call some Catholic churches.

    I am no longer a practicing Catholic, but if memory serves, there are pre-cana (marriage classes) involved prior to getting married, and I know it used to be that you both had to be Catholic. I know my mom had to convert, but that was a million years ago.

    Pretty sure about the pre-cana stuff. Don't know how your FI would feel about having to sit through those if he is agnostic.

    Good luck.
  • paolavaldespaolavaldes member
    edited December 2011


  • princessyetzprincessyetz member
    edited December 2011
    In the US, practicing Catholic priests are not ever to perform a wedding outside of the church, but they will marry you in the church even though your DF is not Catholic.  Happens all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards