Colorado

Winter Venue in Colorado?????

I am looking for a rustic lodge type venue for a February 2012 wedding.  I would like a smaller venue that could handle approximately 50 to 75 people at the max.  Does anyone know of any great places?  We also would like to be near a ski town so that our guests do not have to go very far to go skiing.  PLEAASE HELP!

Re: Winter Venue in Colorado?????

• edited December 2011
    Viceroy at snowmass
    http://www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/snowmass/meetings-and-events/

Lodge at vail
    http://lodgeatvail.rockresorts.com/weddings/index.asp

Bevercreek lodge in breckenridge
    http://www.beavercreeklodge.net/meetings/meetings_events.asp

these are place I have gone to for confrences. They are beautiful!
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FbrandyeFbrandye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at a place called Wild Basin it is just down the street from Estes.

wildbasinlodge.com
    June 2011 Signature Challenge Honeymoon imageWedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Devils Thumb Ranch (www.devilsthumbranch.com) which is in Tabernash (just outside of Winter Park)..your guests would have access to down hill skiing @ Winter Park/Mary Jane & cross country skiing @ Devils Thumb Ranch.  We got married there last year (pics in bio).  Loved Lindsay (wedding sales staff @ the lodge)
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    I'll put in another voice for Wild Basin - I used to work for them, and they're AWESOME people, plus the lodge is gorgeous.  Look them up on flickr, they have some great winter pictures up!  And winter is VERY much their off season, so you might be able to make a deal, too.
  • edited December 2011
    There are a LOT of rustic log cabin places in Colorado to get married...do you want right in the mountains on the slopes or closer to Denver airport?

I am a Denver based photog and my advice for clients flying in here to a. think about altitude for people flying in and b. ease of transport for the visitors as well. What I mean is that a bride of mine realised when she got here that some of her guests aren't used to driving in the snowwhen they had an accident and then others also got altitude sick when they stayed up in the mountains....which put a little damper on the whole wedding :(

Just something to think about.

If you are looking for a photog then please send me a message...I would love to hear more about your wedding plans and help out if I can. www.freshinlove.com

• edited December 2011
    Look In Telluride you can't beat it!

Also if you are still looking for a dress check out the Black Friday Weekend Sale in Denver this November 26-28. The event is at the Denver Marriott Tech Center @ 4900 S Syracuse Denver 80237 from 9am - 9pm. We will be showcasing over 500 wedding party and prom gowns and would love to see you there.

Please email me at weddingpartyprom.sale@gmail.com for more information or to RSVP.

Thanks,

Susan Dill
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you just described The Lodge at Cathedral Pines (www.cathedralpines.biz) - check it out if you haven't already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards